The Young India Fellowship offers the PG diploma course in various subjects starting from humanities, sciences- basic or pure/ allied, social sciences, etc. The main aim of this residential fellowship is to encourage students to build multidisciplinary skill sets at various levels and be professionally ready to take on the world by storm!
Important Note: Interested candidates are advised to check the Young India Fellowship 2024 dates on the official website.
|Young India Fellowship
Eligibility for Young India Fellowship 2024
The YIF chooses self-driven candidates motivated to achieve high pursuits in professional arenas and act as elements of social change. Apart from the basic academic credentials, candidates must possess exceptional leadership skills and demonstrate the potential to act as change-makers in society. They should be willing to serve society in a multi-functional way.
- The minimum qualification to be a graduate degree in any discipline
- Candidates who have completed post-graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be below 28 years of age.
- Apart from high academic scores, candidates also need to demonstrate good performance in extracurricular activities.
- Apart from written and spoken language skills in English, good communication skills shall be treated as add-on requirements.
How to Apply for Young India Fellowship 2024?
Every applicant who wishes to apply for the YIF needs to break out of the regular fellowship grants and benefits criteria. They need to understand the differences that this fellowship offers. This is more of a society-oriented offer, helping individuals connect with society, helping transform lives, and building a peaceful, sustainable society in the long run.
Interested candidates should rise above their personal choices and work towards re-building society. The following section explains the five-step application procedure to assess the candidate’s academic and extracurricular activity profile thoroughly.
- Visit the official website of Ashoka University – [www.ashoka.edu.in]
- Go to the Young India fellowship section and register yourself by creating a new account.
- Provide basic candidate details in the registration form and hit the submit button.
- Password shall be sent to the e-mail registered for the candidate.
Log in Process
- Log into the official portal with registered ID and password details.
- Go to the application form and enter the following details – personal details, contact information, academic details and work experience, extracurricular activities, family details, etc.
- Candidates are requested to write essays in their own language without any hint of plagiarism to provide adequate self-description and discuss their aspirations for the future. The essay shall be a benchmark in helping the applicants work towards achieving the young India fellowship.
- Candidates can also provide references about important contacts in their close circles.
- Attach all requisite documents along with the application.
- Mark sheets and certificates of graduation
- Mark sheets and certificates of post-graduation [if applicable]
- Class 10 certificate
- Birth certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Income and caste certificates [ wherever applicable]
- Extracurricular achievement certificates
- Detailed Resume of the candidate
- Letters from references
Submit the Application Form
- Submit the application after carefully verifying all details in the application form.
- Shortlisted applicants shall be called in for the next rounds of selection.
Written Test and Personal Interview
- Candidates selected in the initial round of selection will further move on to written tests and personal interview rounds.
- The combined score from all tests conducted for the student shall be calculated, and suitable candidates shall be finally shortlisted for the award of the fellowship.
Rewards and Benefits
Fellows who are recipients of the Young India Fellowship enjoy many rewards and benefits that are not just measured by financial grants and amounts. The kind of opportunities and exposure that these fellows receive are tremendous. The progress and development of these fellows at the university campus shall see them transforming into young leaders who could lead the change for a better tomorrow. Some of the most promising benefits are:
- Ashoka University, through YIF, has been practising a novel method called the ELM or Experiential learning module. It enhances a candidate’s learning aspects by providing him with opportunities to learn multiple subject skills.
- Candidates get to interact with subject area experts and renowned professors from Carlton College, Pennsylvania University, Michigan University, UC Berkeley, Wellesley College, etc.
- Combining theoretical/ subject knowledge with practical experience provides candidates with higher problem-solving and interpretation skills. This lends them professional ready to face any challenges while working for society.
- Eminent personalities deliver guest speeches at the university and are a part and parcel program of the fellowship. These public personalities imbibe a sense of inspiration and motivate fellows to achieve big towards their services.
- Apart from spoken and communication skills, written skills are equally important. Writing in a way that translates into a powerful expression of views and ideas is essential to the fellowship.
- Mutual discussion of ideas amongst co-fellows, exchange of cultural information, and exposure to candidates from diverse and multidisciplinary backgrounds provide some of the best opportunities that a fellow can ever ask for.
- Apart from the above-stated benefits that the fellowship offers, selected fellows also receive part of the grant amount of the entire fellowship grant, making it a much sought-after scheme.
|Young India Fellowship
|Merit Scholarship on Tuition
|25% Scholarship on Tuition
|50% Scholarship on Tuition
|75% Scholarship on Tuition
|Full Tuition Scholarship
Terms and Conditions
Students who are proud fellows of YIF also have to abide by certain terms and conditions, which are given below:
- Applicants should not only be academically bright but prove their mettle in their services rendered towards society through leadership skills.
- Ashoka University is the provider of YIF, and it is offered in collaboration with a number of foreign universities like Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- The minimum academic qualification is graduation.
- All candidates should be less than 28 years of age.
- Candidates are offered wide opportunities to exhibit their full potential and become change makers in the society we live in.
- Only online applications are accepted for YIF.
- All details related to academics, complete CV/ Resume, reference from persons and other documents requested should be furnished as and when required.
Young India Fellowship Selection Process
Results are announced at three stages in the case of YIF. The fellowship selection committee prepares the list of shortlisted candidates at each stage. The three steps where results are declared are explained as below:
- Application Assessment – Based on academic credentials and extracurricular participation, candidates are chosen for the next round. The scope of the essay decides the selection of the candidate.
- Telephonic Interview – After the first round of selection, candidates shall receive an e-mail about the desirable time for the telephonic interview round. It is usually conducted for a minimum duration of 20 minutes.
- Written Test and Personal Interview – A comprehension test apart from a personal interview round shall decide the final results and selection of the candidate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the unique approach [teaching methodology] undertaken by Ashoka university for selected fellows?
Answer: ELM or Experiential Learning Module where candidates get exposed to multidisciplinary learning is the new approach adopted by Ashoka University.
2. What are some of the subjects offered as part of this fellowship?
Answer: Social sciences, humanities, basic sciences, applied sciences; natural sciences are some of the subject areas of study in the YIF.
3. What are the basic eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for YIF?
Answer: All applicants should be below 28 years of age and graduation is the minimum qualification required.
Address: Plot no. 2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City, National capital region, Sonepat, Haryana – 131029
Helpline Number: +91- 130- 2300000
E-mail: [email protected]