The William J. Clinton Fellowship is offered by the American India Foundation (AIF). This fellowship is provided for Indian citizens in America/India and permanent residents of the US. All candidates willing to engage themselves in careers such as volunteering and social service can apply for this fellowship. This fellowship is to be carried out in India only.
Prospective applicants should be willing to display enormous talent and knowledge in the social sector. They should be willing to commit themselves to rendering services in India’s economic and social sectors.
Some of the work areas that majorly describe the performance of Clinton fellows include healthcare, education, environmental concerns, rural development, providing better leadership among the youth, etc.
Important Note: AIF Banyan Impact Fellowship was formerly known as the William J. Clinton Fellowship.
AIF William J. Clinton Fellowship 2024
|American India Foundation
|AIF Banyan Impact Fellowship
|Only for America & Indian nationality students
Eligibility for AIF Banyan Impact Fellowship
All candidates applying to this fellowship shall qualify in the below-mentioned eligibility conditions to successfully apply for the Clinton fellowship.
- Candidates need to have Indian/US citizenship. Candidates could also be in possession of a permanent resident certificate from the US.
- With reference to the date taken into account as 1st September 2022, the age of applicants should be in the range of 21 to 34.
- Candidate should satisfy the minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree. The degree should be in the candidate’s possession before the start of the fellowship.
- All candidates must be willing to render their services in India.
- All statutory rules and regulations laid down by the AIF should be strictly adhered to.
- All conditions laid down by the host organization should be conformed to.
- The program consists of various phases starting from orientation, midpoint program and finally, the endpoint, which is the concluding phase. Candidates need to attend and take part in all these phases without fail.
- Formal agreements and policy guidelines between selected fellows, the AIF and the host organization needs to be complied at every stage of the fellowship tenure.
How to Apply for Clinton Fellowship 2024?
Below, we have provided a step-by-step application process.
- Visit the official website of the AIF Portal.
- Read through all the information points laid down by the fellowship committee.
- Click on the link mentioning “Click here to apply for fellowship”.
- Register yourself on the portal before proceeding any further.
- Enter basic registration details. Once your details are registered, candidates shall receive a confirmation message to their respective e-mail IDs.
- Click on the link provided in the e-mail message.
- Click on the AIF fellowship application.
- Enter all relevant details in the application form and submit.
List of Documents Required
Here are some of the key documents that are needed at various phases of the fellowship process:
- Proof of age [Birth certificate/class 10 academic certificate]
- Citizenship document of the applicant
- Academic certificates of the latest qualifying exam.
- Bonafide letter from the host organization.
- Candidates who clear the tests to appear for the interview round shall present references. Offering two references is mandatory. Reference information with credentials should be uploaded in the online application portal.
Clinton Fellowship Selection Process
- In the first round, all applicants shall be screened by a review committee against the eligibility conditions quoted as part of AIF Banyan Impact fellowship guidelines.
- Selected applicants shall then be notified to take up written tests soon after. This phase shall shortlist students based on their abilities and skills. Students shortlisted in the written round shall then be called in for a personal interview process.
- Candidates shall receive a notification quoting their necessity to travel to the nearest interview center, closest to their place of stay. The final list of candidates shall comprise candidates who make it successful in the interview round.
- Following selection, candidates shall be offered ample time to select and work through an association with host organizations. Time duration shall be allotted for pre-fellowship conditional fulfilment, like VISA formalities. The process will lead to the orientation program at Delhi at a date announced to candidates during later stages.
Rewards and Benefits
The rewards and benefits differ for candidates in India and their US counterparts. Here, we present the various rewards and benefits provided to Indian fellows:
- Travel allowance from the candidate’s hometown to the fellowship location.
- Coverage for the fellow through insurance.
- Support system for candidates in case of emergency/crises.
- Stipend every month.
- The stipend amount shall be calculated based on the candidate’s necessity to cover rent charges, food allowance, transportation charges and other essential services.
Terms and Conditions
- The Clinton fellowship is a full-time fellowship offered for volunteering service in India only.
- This fellowship encourages young and dynamic individuals and promising and sustainable development organizations.
- Candidates could work in varied fields like education, healthcare, rural and sustainable livelihood among local communities, etc.
- Candidates should be willing to leave a positive impact on society, especially a civil society that we are all part of. There should be evidence of transformation at the grassroots level, and a high sense of commitment is needed.
- Fellowships are to be commenced and completed in India only.
- The 10-month program comprises various participation stages such as orientation, midpoint, endpoint and other program points.
- Attending all stages of the fellowship with true interest and dedication backed by the spirit of learning and gaining leadership skills is quintessential to a fellow’s success.
- Selected fellows shall be offered a basic stipend to cover their minimal living costs. Thereby, it is made clear that they should quit their comfortable lifestyles and adapt to new changes quickly. Costs and expenses incurred should be minimal while working on the fellowship project.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the tenure of Clinton fellowship?
Answer: The Clinton fellowship is a comprehensive and elaborate fellowship offered to selected students for a total duration of 10 months.
2. What are some of the project areas that selected fellows can be a part of?
Answer: Fellows can participate in various and diversified projects ranging from education, sustainable living and healthcare, public health etc.
3. What are some of the eligibility criteria that candidates need to satisfy?
Answer: Candidates should mandatorily be a US or Indian citizen. Permanent residents of the US can also apply. Age criteria should be between 21 to 34 years. Minimum qualification required is a bachelor’s degree.
4. What are the language requirements to apply for this fellowship?
Answer: Good oral cum written skills in English is a must. Spoken English skills are mandatory. Good knowledge of local languages is a value addition though not mandatory. Ability to grasp and communicate in new languages is expected out of selected fellows.