The full form of UPPSC is Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. UPPSC is the state commission that is in charge of conducting the State Civil Services Exam. The commission conducts the exams to appoint officers for entry-level cadres to the various administrative positions of the Uttar Pradesh government.
This article gives detailed information about UPPSC 2024 notification, including exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result, recruitment and more.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the UPPSC PCS 2024 Exam date on the commission’s official website.
Eligibility Criteria for UPPSC Exam
Candidates are advised to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria before they apply for the UPPSC 2024
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Upon satisfying certain standing conditions, Interstate candidates can also apply.
- Education Qualification: The minimum educational qualification required to appear for the exam is a three-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the any recognized university of India.
- Age Limit: Candidates should fall in the age bracket of 21 to 40 years to be able to apply for the exam.
- Age Relaxation: The age relaxation for reserved category students is mentioned below:
- SC/ST/OBC/Sports Background Persons/State Government Employees/Ex-Servicemen – 5 years in upper age limit
- Physically Handicapped Candidates – 15 years in upper age limit
- Number of Attempts: There is ‘No’ specific number of attempts that a candidate will be allowed to make, but he has to adhere to the relaxation in the upper age limit strictly.
UPPSC 2024 Application Form
Candidates have to check the official website to see if the link to apply online has been activated in due course. The application will have to be sent by the candidate before the deadline. The application form can be sent only in the ONLINE mode. Candidates must thoroughly check the eligibility criteria and other conditions before applying for the UPPSC 2024 Exam.
- Visit the official website – uppsc.up.nic.in
- Access the home page and find the link of Application Form
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
- The application form has two parts – Part I and Part II.
- Part-I asks for all the personal information of the candidate like name, gender, address, phone number, category, etc. Enter all details correctly and check before submission.
- Upload scanned photo and signature in prescribed size and format.
- Part-II consists of the section where the candidate can pay the fee online.
- Once both the sections of the application form are completed, candidates can submit the form.
- Upon acknowledgement, candidates can note down the correct reference id for all future communications.
UPPSC PCS Application Fees can be paid in both ONLINE and OFFLINE modes. In online mode, candidates can pay the fee via debit card/ credit card/ internet banking facilities. In offline mode, candidates have to remit the fee in any of the recognized SBI branches and obtain a challan acknowledgement for the same.
They have to enter the Challan number in the online application form. Once paid to the commission, fees will be non-refundable under any circumstances. Fees for different categories of candidates vary, and the same has been provided below for quick reference:
- General Merit Candidates – INR 125
- SC/ST Candidates- INR 65
- Persons with Disabilities – INR 25
UPPSC Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of UPPSC 2024 consists of three rounds: Prelims, Mains, and the Personality Test.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- The UPPSC Prelims exam consists of two papers – General Studies I & General Studies II.
- Each paper is allocated 200 marks. Duration of each paper is 2 hours.
- There will be around 100- 150 questions.
- The paper is of Objective Type.
- There will be negative marking
- This exam is for Qualifying purposes only.
|Paper I – General Studies
|Paper II – General Studies
Mains Exam Pattern
- The UPPSC Main exam consists of six compulsory papers and only one optional subject (2 Papers).
- Candidates have to quote their preference for the mains exam in the application; the optional subject will further have two papers.
- All papers are conducted for a duration of three hours each.
- The mode of language will be both languages i.e. Hindi or English.
- The list of optional subjects shall be provided in the official notification for the candidate to mention at the time of the application process.
|General Study (4 Papers of 200 marks each)
|One Optional Subject
- The Personality test is conducted for a maximum of 100 marks.
- Candidates are tested on general awareness, mental abilities, managerial capabilities, interpersonal interactions, good communication skills, suitability for civil services, etc.
- Time duration varies between each candidate.
The prelims consist of the following syllabus areas.
- General Studies-I: Focus on the history of India and Indian national movement, Indian politics, governance, geography, general science, economics, environment, and social development topics.
- General Studies-II: Focus on comprehension, general mental ability, reasoning, analytical thinking, problem-solving aspects, elementary and foundation concepts of mathematics.
The syllabus for six papers of mains exam is provided below:
- General Hindi – Focus on grammar, essay type of questions, comprehension, letter writing, sentence correction, paragraph writing skills, etc.
- English Essay – Essay may be asked from diverse fields such as literature, Indian culture, science and technology, economical development of the nation, agriculture based, or any current topics of importance.
- General Studies I – Importance to be given to ancient and medieval history of India, social development of women, industrialization, women empowerment, natural resources distribution in our country, border issues, etc.
- General Studies II – Politics and Indian constitution, role of Union and state governments, allocation of power, finance commission, working of parliament, executive and judiciary, etc.
- General Studies III – Economic planning, land reforms, food processing, liberalization, public distribution system and infrastructure development, science and technological development and various achievements, etc.
- General Studies IV – Ethics and human values, human interface, probity in governance, contributions of writers and philosophers, civil service code, conduct, integrity, ethics, and values, etc.
There is no fixed syllabus for the interview section of the exam. It all depends on the panel of interviewers who will cross-examine the candidate on various topics such as: Current Affairs, General Knowledge, subject chosen by the candidate, other subject related questions, etc.
UPPSC 2024 Admit Card
The admit card is an essential document for candidates to carry to the exam hall. It contains all relevant personal details of the candidate. Candidates may not be allowed to take the exam without the admit card.
- Visit the official website of the Uttar Pradesh PCS – uppsc.up.nic.in
- Login with your details.
- Check if the ‘Admit Card’ is available for download.
- Enter your registration number, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- Once the admit card is displayed, check for all relevant details.
- Print/save a copy of the same.
UPPSC 2024 Cut off
The cut-off marks vary every year. The state commission decides the cut-off marks for the corresponding year by giving weightage to several factors:
- A number of participants and the number of candidates who cleared the test.
- Toughness level of the exam.
- Section wise vacancies in various departments.
- Any other criteria decided by the state commission for the current year.
Candidates can check the cut off marks on the official website soon after the results are announced.
UPPSC 2024 Result
The state commission will display the results after each phase of the examination. The results, along with the answer keys, will be made available to candidates on the official site. Step by step process to check UPPSC Result 2024 is given below
- Visit official website of the commission – uppsc.up.nic.in
- On the home page, access the link/section that provides the results.
- Click on the appropriate exam that you’re seeking results for.
- Enter the correct data to get the mark sheet.
- Usually, registration number, date of birth, and captcha code will be required.
- IF all entries are made correctly, then the mark sheet will be displayed.
- For any discrepancies in the mark sheet, candidates can approach the commission using the helpline numbers displayed on the site.
- Take a print copy or save the mark sheet as a PDF copy for future references.
How to Prepare for UPPSC Exam?
- The number of candidates that appear for the exam is relatively high compared to other states. Candidates have to brace themselves for tough competition.
- Beware of negative markings in the exam and practice according to that.
- Try the best method of ‘elimination criteria’ for multiple-choice questions.
- Keep a timeline of events for the year the exam is conducted and track them for the latest updates.
- Memorize all important facts and figures.
- Practice from UPPCS’s previous year’s question papers
- Write down all important facts and important data and present them on flashcards.
- Put more focus on the economic, social, and political scenarios of the UP state.
- The political system and the latest developments in bureaucracy and governance of the country need to be given due importance along with administrative and geographical notes.
- Referring to NCERT Books is a must.
Books for UPPCS PCS Preparation
Here are some of the best books we recommend for your preparation. Candidates shouldn’t get overwhelmed by the list of books; instead, they must try to find the best sources to get the best information possible for the relevant subject and study according to that. Here is the suggestive list:
- History of Modern India by author Bipin Chandra
- Book on Geography – A Comprehensive Study – by Mahesh Kumar Barnwal
- Book on Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure by author Rajagopalan
- Uttar Pradesh Year Book (For economics studies)
- For General Science, refer Lucent Publications book on Science.