The Uttar Pradesh State Government issues official documents, and one of them is the ration card. Ration cards are specially designed for households declared eligible to buy food grains at subsidized prices through the Public Distribution System (PDS) under the National Food Security Act (NFSA). Based on certain criteria like the number of members in the family, UP ration cards are provided. Every designated category of a ration card determines ration goods entitled to a cardholder.
Uttar Pradesh Ration Card List 2022
The Uttar Pradesh Ration Card list can be checked through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the FSC UP government. The official website is – the Department of Food and Logistics, Govt of Uttar Pradesh (https://fcs.up.gov.in/).
- Check NFSA eligibility criteria. When you traverse through the homepage, click on the “NFSA eligibility list”. This can be located on the right-hand side of the page. After the link is opened, a list of districts in Uttar Pradesh shall be visible.
- Search for your district and find it. Click on the relevant district name. Next, select your area. Urban and rural areas are separately classified. Next, select your ration distributor/shopkeeper.
- Find the list of distributors.
- Once the distributor link is checked, a comprehensive list of all ration card holders under the selected distributor shall be displayed.
Uttar Pradesh Ration Card Eligibility
Following are the types of ration cards and their corresponding eligibility requirements
|UP Ration cards – Types
|BPL Cards (Below Poverty Line) category
|Citizens living below poverty line and earning an annual income of less than Rs. 10,000 are eligible for this card.
|APL Cards (Above Poverty Line) category
|APL cards are issued to citizens who are above poverty line and whose annual income is above INR 10,000
|AAY Cards (Antyodaya Anna Yojana)
|Individuals who are very poor and do not have any steady source of income can apply for AAY cards.
How to Apply for Uttar Pradesh Ration Card
Here are the steps to apply for the Uttar Pradesh Ration card:
- Go to the official website of FCS, UP – i.e. https://fcs.up.gov.in. Traverse on the homepage and locate “Download forms”.
- From the downloads list, Click on “Application forms”. A separate list of applications for rural and urban areas shall be visible on the screen.
- Select your application form link. The relevant application form shall be displayed on your screen.
- Download the application form.
- Take a hard copy printout of the form and fill in all the required details.
- Visit the Regional SCS Centre or Tehsil Centre and submit your application there.
- Applications with wrong entries or incomplete information shall be duly rejected.
Documents Required for Uttar Pradesh Ration Card
These are the documents needed to apply for ration card:
- Aadhaar Card
- Registered Mobile number
- Recent passport size photographs of all family members residing in the house
- PAN Card
- Recent Electricity Bills
- Certificate of Income
- Caste and category certificates
- Bank passbook copy and photocopy of the first page of the passbook
- Details of gas connection
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I add a member to an existing ration card?
Visit the state government’s official website of the food and civil supplies department. On the card titled “Ration card”, select the link “Addition of new members”. Fill in all the details and upload suitable documents. A verification process shall be set in, and all documents shall be verified, following which the new member shall be added to the ration card.
2. How much time would it take for me to get a new ration card?
After the application form submission and relevant documents, the form will be processed, and in about 15 days, the card shall be sent to the applicant’s address.
3. Is there an application fee when I apply for a ration card?
There is no prescribed application form fee for the ration card. But while collecting the card, charges of INR 100 needs to be given.
Ration Card Related Articles