The full form of UKPSC is Uttarakhand Public Service Commission. UKPSC conducts the Civil Services Examination across many centres in Uttarakhand for recruitment to various positions in the administrative cadres of the state government. This exam is considered one of the toughest state-level exams conducted by the commission.
This article gives detailed information about the UKPSC 2024 notification, including exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result, etc.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the UKPSC 2024 Exam date on the commission website.
Eligibility Criteria for UKPSC Exam
Candidates must check all the eligibility conditions before applying to the UKPSC 2024. Not satisfying any eligibility condition may lead to the candidature’s cancellation at any point in the examination process.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Residents from other states are also permitted to attempt the exam.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must hold a minimum of three years of bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in India. Any qualification that is equivalent to graduation or 3 year bachelor degree, which is recognized by UGC or any government recognized university, shall also be considered valid.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate must be between 21 – 42 years as on 1 July 2022.
- Age Relaxation: Candidates from reserved categories get relaxation in upper age limit:
- SC/ST candidates: 5 years.
- OBC candidates: 3 years.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can attempt the exam till they are 40 years of age, though officially, there is ‘NO’ specification by the commission in the notification gazette on this matter.
How to Apply for UKPSC 2024?
All candidates who wish to apply for the UKPSC 2024 exam must submit ONLINE application forms through the official website. The application process shall begin soon after the online notification is published on the website. Below, we have provided the detailed step-by-step application process.
- Visit the UKPSC official website – ukpsc.gov.in.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Register on the website
- Enter the name, complete address, educational qualifications and other relevant details related to career. Enter all compulsory and required details in the form. Details should be verifiable and supported by documents.
- Candidates are also requested to upload a scanned photograph and scanned signature at the relevant places of the application.
- Pay the relevant application fees.
- After all, details are cross-checked by the candidate click on the SUBMIT button.
- Upon successful submission, the candidate shall receive a valid reference ID and acknowledgement from the commission. The reference id is to be used by the candidate in all future communications with the commission.
The UKPSC 2024 application fee can be remitted in two ways: Online and Offline. In online mode, candidates can pay fees directly through online banking facilities or credit card/debit card facilities. In offline mode, candidates must pay cash at any SBI branch and enter the challan number later in the ONLINE application form. The application fee is different across various categories, and the same is specified below:
- SC/ST candidates belonging to the state of Uttarakhand – INR 60
- General Merit/ OBC candidates of state of Uttarakhand – INR 150.
- Other state candidates – INR 150.
UKPSC Exam Pattern
The Uttarakhand Civil Service Exam consists of three rounds of screening; i.e., Prelims, Mains, and Personality Test.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Prelims examination is objective type.
- It consists of two papers – General Studies and General Aptitude (CSAT)
- Both papers are conducted for two hours each and carry a maximum of 150 marks each.
- Negative marking is applicable for every wrong answer marked.
|No. of Questions
|2 hours only
|2 hours only
Mains Exam Pattern
- Only those candidates who obtain qualifying marks in the prelims round shall be shortlisted for the mains.
- The scores obtained in the mains are taken into consideration in the final round while preparing the rank list of candidates.
- The main exam is purely Subjective in nature. It consists of nine papers. 2 qualifying papers, 4 general studies papers and 2 optional papers.
- Except for the language paper, all papers carry 200 marks each.
- All papers are conducted for a duration of three hours each.
|Indian History & National Movement, Social & Culture
|Indian Administration, Social Justice & International Relations
|India Geography & World Geography
|Economic & Social Development
|General Science and Technology
|General Interest and Science
- All those candidates who have successfully cleared the Mains examination shall be shortlisted for the interview round.
- There are no specific cut off marks laid down by the commission for the interview round.
- The total marks for which the interview is conducted are 200 marks.
- The total marks taken into account while preparing the final rank list includes the mains round and the interview round marks, which totals to 1700 marks.
Below, we have provided the UKPSC 2024 Syllabus in detail.
Paper-I: General Studies
- Focus on history of India with attention to freedom struggle movement.
- Language and rich cultural development of land of Uttarakhand.
- Geographical studies- both Indian and world geographical studies.
- Indian Polity, administration, governance and bureaucracy.
- Economical and social development in India with greater focus on business relations in the international scene.
- General concepts of science, development and progress of technology, IT in India.
- Current affairs, general knowledge and important events of the year.
Paper-II: General Aptitude (CSAT)
- General Aptitude questions in competitive exams
- Test on verbal communication, written language, spoken form of language & Inter-Personal Skills
- Logical and analytical reasoning type of questions.
- Data interpretation and statistical analysis.
- Questions on general usage of Hindi & English languages.
- Paper-I: Language: Detailed comprehension type of questions, Sentence completion, Paragraph writing, Writing precisely.
- Paper-II: General English: Prose form of the language, Description and subjective answers, Expression of ideas and themes, Short essays.
- Paper-III: Essay: Essay paper will question the candidate on his ability to write good essays in the specified word limit. Topics could be of general interest or the latest topics from current affairs too.
- Paper-IV: General Studies I: History, geography, economic and social studies, Language and cultural studies., Social issues and women empowerment, Liberation of economy ‘Society structuring and framework, Economic and fiscal growth, Development of administrational organizations in India, etc
- Paper-V: General Studies II: Indian constitutional studies, Law making, policies in Indian governance, Federal system of government, Legislature, executive and judiciary, Working and functioning of Indian bureaucracy, etc
- Paper-VI: General Studies III: Environment and ecological growth of India, Biodiversity, vegetation and distribution of species, Natural resource distribution, Conservation of wildlife, Deforestation and forest protection schemes, etc.
- Paper-VII: General Studies IV: Philosophy and ethics, Integrity of civil service positions, Transparency in governance, Ethical values like accountability and transparency in political roles, Concepts of behavioral guidance and emotional intelligence.
UKPSC 2024 Admit Card
All candidates who applied for the Uttarakhand Civil Service Exam can download their admit cards from the official website. Usually, the admit card will be available around ten to fifteen days before the actual date of the exam. The commission shall not be liable to dispatch admit cards to candidates via post. The candidate must carry the Admit card to the exam hall without fail. Candidates may not be allowed to appear for the exam in case the candidate fails to show their admit card at the time of examination.
Candidates must carry relevant and valid ID proof documents to the exam hall along with the admit card. (Documents like an Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc.) In case of any discrepancy, candidates must report the same to the commission immediately without further delay. Follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Login into the official website using the registered Id.
- Check if the link to download the admit card has been activated.
- If yes, enter the download section and click on the relevant link.
- Enter valid candidate details like registration number, date of birth, and other details if requested.
- Enter captcha code, if any.
- Upon successful validation, the admit card will be displayed.
- Candidates can download/save/ print the admit card.
UKPSC 2024 Cut off
The cut off marks for prelims and mains round of exam shall be displayed by the commission soon after displaying respective results on the official website. Cut off marks vary every year, and it depends on the number of candidates who applied for the position against the total number of vacancies present in the positions. Candidates who score higher than the cut off marks shall be successfully sent to the next round of exams.
UKPSC 2024 Result
- Results are generally displayed after every round of exams.
- Candidates can check the official website for updated information.
- Login into the website and click on the link that displays results.
- Enter valid registration details and date of birth.
- The result based on candidate details shall be displayed.
- Save/download/ print the mark sheet for all future references.
How to Prepare for UKPSC?
- Keep the updated syllabus ready for reference at any given point in time.
- Many resources are available to study from, but candidates need to be choosy.
- Online lectures, mock tests, and study materials are ready to be downloaded from sources from the internet.
- Stick to the standard set of reference books laid down in commission.
- Refrain from piling up too much content for a particular syllabus section.
- Distribute time equally to cover all portions of the syllabus.
- Read lots of current affairs in daily newspapers.
- Solve UKPSC’s previous year’s paper.
- Take advantage of referring to NCERT books.
Books for UKPSC Preparation
- Know Your State – Uttarakhand by Arihant Publications
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Modern history by Rajiv Ahir for spectrum series.
- “Ancient & Medieval History” by Lucent publications.
- Geography by Mahesh Barnwal
- Economy of India by Ramesh Singh
- Uttarakhand special by Winsar