The West Bengal state government sponsors the Talent Support Program (TSP). The state government of West Bengal offers it in close association with Minority Affairs and Madrasa Education Departments [MA and ME departments].
The nodal officer overlooks this scholarship works directly under West Bengal state Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC). One of this scholarship’s main goals is to provide greater opportunities for female candidates belonging to minority communities. A larger part, almost 30%, of the scholarship fund is exclusively reserved for women.
TSP Scholarship 2024
|Government of West Bengal
|Talent Support Programme Scholarship
|Last Date of Application
|December 31, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for TSP Scholarship
Let us go through the eligibility criteria and the conditions underlying to apply for WBMDFC TSP scholarship. Every candidate who is interested in applying for this scholarship has to understand and make sure he complies with them keenly. The list of conditions is:
- Candidates must be West Bengal domiciled only.
- Candidate must be from the minority community only.
- Candidates higher than class 10, that is from class 11 till PhD can apply.
- This scholarship is meant for students who have difficulty in attaining the required marks to pursue higher education. This is meant for students who have scored less than 50% score in their previous exam.
- Annual family income to be less than INR 2 lakhs.
- Candidates must be enrolled in regular courses in the current year of study.
- Candidates enrolled in distance mode/ correspondence courses etc. are ineligible.
- From a single family, only two students can apply for this scholarship.
- If the candidate receives any other scholarship at the time of applying for TSP scholarships, then such students must defy from applying to them.
- Candidates must have a valid bank account in their own name in a nationalized bank only.
How to Apply for TSP Scholarship 2024?
Candidates have to follow a detailed application procedure. All candidates must, before beginning to apply, should check their eligibility conditions and make sure they qualify for them. Step by step application process is explained below:
- Visit the official portal of Scholarship – www.tsp.wbmdfc.co.in
- All new candidates should click on “ New Registration.”
- Fill in the registration form and create user ID and password.
- This completes the registration process. Click on “Student Login”.
- Login with valid credentials. Enter the application form section.
- Fill up personal details, educational details, income details, contact details etc.
- Enter bank details.
- Make sure all details are correct.
- Submit the application form.
- Candidates shall shortly receive a confirmation SMS on their mobile numbers.
- Now, candidates need to take a hard copy print out of their submitted application form.
- Attach all documents along with the application form in hard copies and submit it to your respective educational institution.
List of Documents Required
Every applicant should ensure the submission of documents to his/her educational institution right after online application submission. Candidates may need to present the original documents for verification while submitting application at their college. List of documents are:
- Mark sheets of the last exam passed.
- Certificates of the qualifying exam.
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Minority certificate
- Fee receipt of the current year
- Bonafide letter from an educational institution
- Bank passbook and other bank related information.
Rewards & Benefits
The West Bengal Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation offers a financial grant to students in the form of a stipend. The amount offered as stipend depends on the level of education a candidate is currently pursuing. The scholarship amount is given to the students for a time period of one year only. The beneficiary will get the scholarship stipend credited directly to his own nationalized bank account.
How to Renew TSP Scholarship?
Candidates receive the financial grant for a period of one year. This grant can be extended till the time period the candidate completes his/her course. The renewal process to be followed for TSP scholarship is explained below:
- Visit the official website of TSP
- Make sure you remember the registered user ID and password.
- Login with valid credentials.
- Go to “Application Renewal” section.
- Enter all details correctly in the renewal application form.
- Submit the renewal form.
- Candidates will receive a confirmation SMS for successful renewal.
- Next, candidates need to take a hard copy print out of their submitted renewal form.
- Attach all documents along with the renewal form and submit it to your respective educational institution.
Address: West Bengal Talent Support Stipend, AMBER, DD-27/E, Sector -1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700064
Helpline number: 1800 – 120 – 2130 [Toll-Free Number]