Satyendra Nath Bose was a renowned Indian physicist of the 1920’s era. He received the Padma Vibhushan award from the Indian government for his acclaimed work in quantum mechanics. The SN Bose Scholars program is a unique initiative undertaken by the Indian and US governments to encourage innovation in science and technology.
They strive to excellence and generate/implement new ideas to the fore in scientific R&D domains. In this regard, the Department of Science and Technology of the Indian government under SERB [Science and Engineering Board] collaborative presents this scholarship with IUSSTF [Indo – US Science and Technology Forum] and WIN Step Forward.
SN Bose Scholarship 2024
|Department of Science & Technology (DST)
|SN Bose Scholarship
|UG and PG Students
|Last Date of Application
|November 30, 2024 (Tentative)
Eligibility Criteria for SN Bose Scholarship
The SN Bose scholar program not only engages students in active R&D research activities but also brings in a friendly scientific temper and exchange of knowledge between the two countries. The flow of knowledge helps in churning bright minds across the participating nations and helps fuel growth in these sectors. Candidates interested in this scholarship need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria to apply; they are presented below:
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Candidates should currently be pursuing their graduation or masters’ program from a recognized college/university of India.
- Candidates must be studying in any of the fields of sciences, mathematics, allied sciences, and related fields.
- Some of the courses accepted for the program are – earth sciences, atmospheric sciences, chemical sciences, engineering, physical sciences, mathematical subjects, computational analysis, and other related fields.
- Candidates who are studying in their final year of graduation/ post-graduation degrees may only apply.
- Individual applications from candidates are not accepted.
- Educational institutions can recommend their students to take part in the program. They can nominate two students per department, per branch of study to apply for the program.
- Candidates doing their Ph.D. or those who have completed their Ph.D. cannot apply for this program.
How to Apply for SN Bose Scholarship?
The detailed application procedure for candidates is explained in this section. This is not a normal scholarship program, and the steps to apply and look forward to getting feedback from them is also pretty different. Candidates should, however, note that they should go ahead with the application process only upon qualifying the eligibility conditions.
Also, applying ONLINE within the deadline period is mandatory. Any requests to process the applications after the deadline shall not be entertained. Follow the application process described below:
- Go to the official portal of IUSSTF – www.iusstf.org
- Enter the section named – ‘Program portfolio’ and click on ‘Visitations and fellowships.’
- Under this tab, select the ‘SN Bose scholars program.’
- Go down to the page bottom to locate “For Indian students” and click on it.
- Look out for the tab indicating “online application portal for visitation programs” and click on it.
- On the following page, click on the “Apply now” button.
- Read through all the instructions and guidelines before proceeding to enter applicant information.
- Click on “Start application.”
- A new user has first to perform registration formalities.
- Upon registration, the candidate shall receive an e-mail activation link. Click on the link and get your account activated.
- Next, fill up the application form correctly.
- You can save your application in case you need to halt the application process in the middle and get back to complete it later on.
- Finally, upload all requisite documents and hit the submit button.
List of Documents Required
All documents shall be scanned and uploaded along with the application form in soft copies only. They should prescribe to the specified standards and sizes. No hard copies of documents to be sent separately along with application form through post.
- Mark sheets of the last written exam [ graduation/ post-graduation/ both]
- Student ID card.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Bonafide letter from the educational institution.
- Valid Indian Passport.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Bank account details.
- Domicile certificate
[The list of documents presented here is only indicative and not exhaustive. As part of international scholarship and visa/travel norms, candidates may need to present other documents also. The list of necessary documents shall be displayed to the candidate during his ONLINE application process].
SN Bose Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
Candidates should note that this not a scholarship program for a financial grant or a merit-cum-means scholarship. This is a unique opportunity initiative provided to students to take part in scientific research and incubation activities that would help them pursue scientific education at premier institutes of learning.
- An esteemed privilege for students to stay in the top universities of the US.
- Candidates shall be given a beautiful chance to exchange their ideas and discuss their programs with distinguished and honourable achievers from various science areas.
- The expenses of the entire stay of the selected student in the US shall be covered as a stipend under this program.
- A candidate shall be covered under a health insurance scheme to cover medical costs incurred if any.
- Two way or round trip expenses of air travel from India to the visiting US country and back.
Terms & Conditions
Some of the important terms and conditions that candidates should be well versed with while applying to the SN Bose scholarship is indicated below:
- One of the persons who should recommend the candidate to apply for the scholarship in formal terms should be the immediate teacher under whom the candidate pursued his graduation/post-graduation.
- There is no prior association of the scholarship program with any acclaimed university in the US. The scholarship committee works for hands-on with students in identifying their interest areas and areas of excellence and guiding them to suitable universities accordingly.
- The scholarship covers an intensive 10 to 12 weeks program. No extension on the time period shall be sought for continuation.
- If the candidate is doing his 1st semester in his masters, then the candidate should also attach his graduation credentials without fail.
- The nomination of a candidate pursuing his masters shall come from his current teaching fraternity and not from the graduation level staff.
The exchange program funded by the SN Bose scholarship comes with its own set of scholarship features and factors. Candidates who wish to get their doubts clarified or have further queries regarding specific data about the program can contact on below details:
Contact Person: Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya [Member of the Indo-US technology Forum]
Address: Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi – 110001
E-mail: [email protected]