Uttarakhand is one of the prominent states of India that has been promoting Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan on a large scale. It has been working tirelessly to provide free and fair education to the society. Some of its common concerns are making elementary education compulsory and accessible to all sections of society, preventing school drop-outs, and encouraging higher education among children from all backgrounds.
In this regard, the RTE Act of Uttarakhand state has become a working model for other similar states to follow in their footsteps. In this article, we describe the RTE framework of Uttarakhand state in detail. We intend to provide our readers with thorough knowledge of various aspects of the implementation of RTE in the state.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the RTE Admission 2024 Uttarakhand date on the official website – rte121c-ukd.in
Eligibility Criteria for RTE Uttarakhand Admission
All candidates must look into these important eligibility conditions. Those candidates who don’t seem to qualify for these shall not be taken to the next level of admission procedures; hence, carefully note them:
- Candidates should be permanent residents of the state of Uttarakhand.
- Candidates should belong to the economically poorer sections of society.
- For admission to pre-primary under RTE, the candidate should be born between 1st April 2015 and 31st March 2017.
- For admission to first grade, a candidate should be born between 1st April 2014 and 31st March 2015.
- There is a special reservation of 25% under the RTE Act for the poorer sections. To qualify under this quota, parents’ annual income must be less than INR 5500.
How to Apply for RTE Uttarakhand 2024?
Below, we have provided a detailed step-by-step Uttarakhand RTE admission application process.
- Applicants can visit the official portal of RTE Uttarakhand state.
- As first-time/ new users, candidates need to register themselves under ‘New student registration’.
- Enter basic details in the registration form. Candidates will receive their registration ID on their mobile numbers.
- After basic registration formalities, candidates can visit the form-filling section of the application. Here, details of parents, contact and address details, school details, etc., must be entered.
- Finally, documents need to be uploaded.
- After verifying all details, submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy print of the same and save it for future reference.
Documents Required for Uttarakhand RTE
Candidates must ensure documents are uploaded in the correct format and size. After uploading them with the application, they must submit hard copies to the block education officer. The list of documents is given below:
- Hard copy of submitted application form.
- Birth certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of residence
- PAN card of mother/ father
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Medical certificate [wherever applicable]
- Orphaned certificate [wherever applicable]
- Divorce certificate if the mother is divorced
- Death certificate [if either or both parents are not alive]
RTE Uttarakhand Selection Process
The verification officer shall scrutinize all applications and corresponding documents received. After thoroughly conducting the verification process, a list of students shall be nominated for the lottery selection round. For this year, the results will be declared based on the lottery system of selection. Further on, the dates shall always be notified on the official website.
All candidates who have been listed in the lottery system shall receive intimation on their mobile numbers. Such candidates can take a printout of the message appearing on their mobile numbers as messages.
With the hard copy of the message, candidates can approach with their parents to the respective school and complete further admission formalities pending, if any.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the age limit to apply for Uttarakhand RTE admission 2024?
All candidates below 6 years are eligible.
2. What are the documents that are accepted for proof of birth?
Birth certificate/ Aadhaar card/ Birth declaration letter are the documents that are accepted for proof of birth.
3. What are the documents accepted as proof of residence?
Aadhaar card/ voter ID/ ration card/ driving license/ bank passbook/ electricity bill, etc are accepted as proof of residence.
4. When should medical documents be produced?
If the candidate is disabled or suffering from leprosy or HIV, only then medical documents need to be produced.
5. How to Check RTE Uttarakhand Results?
All the names of selected candidates seeking admission under RTE Uttarakhand state shall be displayed on the official website. Applicants can enter their registration ID to check whether they have been selected for admission. Usually, it takes a while for web pages on the official portal to upload results. Candidates are hereby expected to maintain patience while checking out their results.
In case of further queries, parents can contact the numbers or write to the address or email specified below:
Address: State Project Office, Nannoor Khera, Tapovan Road, Raipur, Dehradun – 248001
Contact number: 0135 – 2781941
Email: [email protected]