The Education Department of the state government of Uttar Pradesh conducts the admissions of students under the RTE Act. All schools under the state control of the RTE arm have been notified for admissions for 2024-25. All parents who are interested in admitting their kids under this act can obtain complete information in this article.
The RTE Act in Uttar Pradesh was enforced as early as 2010. From then on, the state has been actively promoting welfare schemes for children that establish free and fair education for all. This holds true irrespective of caste, creed or economic status of the families they belong to.
The state government also understands the stiff competition present outside. In this regard, it actively encourages 25% reservation for weaker sections of society to seek admissions in privately run state schools.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the RTE UP 2024 Admission date on the official website – rte25.upsdc.gov.in
Eligibility Criteria for RTE UP Admission
These conditions are laid down by the RTE State Act. Only if a student qualifies under these conditions can apply. The conditions are stated below:
- Candidate should be a domicile of UP state only.
- Candidate should have a valid document showing permanent resident status in UP or a domicile certificate of UP state.
- Candidates above 3 years but below the age of 7 years are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for RTE UP 2024?
All candidates who wish to apply for UP state-run schools under RTE should immediately check for updates and complete information regarding the application process on the official portal.
Before beginning the process, it’s highly advisable to read and understand the guidelines presented for every step:
- The first process in the application section is the registration process. To fulfil registration formalities, the following information must be presented: the candidate’s name, mobile number of parents, e-mail id, and date of birth.
- Make sure all details provided are correct. These details shall be utilised later by officials to contact the candidate.
- After completing the registration formalities, go to the section indicating the application form.
- In this section, enter educational details, parents’ income, and other personal details.
- Fill up all details correctly. After the filling activity is done, upload documents in the right size and format.
- Pay the requisite application fee online.
- Submit the application form after verifying all sections once again.
- Take a hard copy printout of the submitted application form.
Documents Required for Uttar Pradesh RTE
Parents must ensure they upload all necessary documents in the correct size and format. The documents are required to be presented at two stages of the admission round:
- In the first instance, candidates need to scan and upload photocopies of their documents. These document photocopies need to be attested and then uploaded.
- In the second phase, during the verification process by the district education officer, the originals need to be submitted. They shall be returned soon after verification.
- The list of documents is as follows:
- Aadhaar Card
- Domicile certificate
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- The income certificate of the parents
- Caste certificate
- Passport-size photograph of the applicant
- Parents ID Proof – Anyone with a Voter ID Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Driving license.
How to Check RTE Admission 2024 UP Results?
Candidates can check for the latest updates on the lottery results to know about their selection. Parents have to follow these steps to check their results for UP RTE Admission:
- Visit the official portal of RTE UP state – rte25.upsdc.gov.in
- Go to the section indicating “Lottery result”.
- Provide your registered username and password.
- In the drop-down list, select the district you belong to.
- Provide the applicant’s name.
- Click on the search tab to obtain results.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can students obtain their registered application number?
Candidates shall receive the registered application number and password to their parents’ mobile numbers.
2. Are there any distance criteria for the allocation of schools?
The school should be located within 1 to 3 kilometres from the candidate’s residence.
3. Specify the age limit for various classes.
For LKG/UKG admission, the child should be between 3 and 6 years old. For admission to class 1, the child’s age should be between 6 and 7 years only.
4. Free and compulsory education is meant for which classes to the economically weaker sections?
From pre-primary [class 1] to class 8th, free and compulsory education is imparted for economically weaker sections.
Candidates can get their queries addressed using the contact details below.
Address: UP Education for all project board, Vidya Bhavan, Nishat Ganj, Lucknow- 226007
Contact number – 0522- 4024440
E-mail: [email protected]