The Directorate of Government Examinations of the state government of Tamil Nadu conducts admissions under RTE. The Right to Free and Compulsory Education, popularly known as the RTE Act, was brought into force in the country in 2009. As per stipulations and norms described, 25% of seats in the state’s private institutions are exclusively reserved for the economically backward sections of society.
Tamil Nadu has established various institutions of excellence and provided great opportunities for deserving candidates in its world-class varsities. The state has showcased itself as an excellent model for providing technical and professional education that prepares students with global expertise in all technology areas. The children of Tamil Nadu enjoy various benefits in education irrespective of factors like caste, creed, economic status, etc.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the RTE Admission 2024 Tamil Nadu date on the official website
Eligibility Criteria for RTE Tamil Nadu Admission
Applicants should read through the guidelines in the official notification before proceeding to the application process. All candidates are expected to comply with these eligibility conditions without fail.
If a student does not qualify for any of the conditions presented below, he/she could lose his seat during or later in the admission process. To avoid such circumstances, parents must read and understand these points clearly:
- Students seeking admission should be permanent residents of Tamil Nadu.
- Annual family income of the student should be less than INR 2 lakhs.
- Students should belong to one of these categories – SC/ST/OBC or EWS category.
- Applicants’ age should be between 6 and 14 years only. Age relaxations not acceptable.
The following table provides the exact criteria for age, according to the entry-level class:
|Class for which candidate is seeking admission
|Date of the birth range specification
|For admission to LKG
|Between 1st August 2015 and 8th August 2016.
|For admission to class 1
|Between 2nd August 2013 and 1st August 2014.
How to Apply for RTE Tamil Nadu 2024?
Candidates must apply in the mentioned time frame, failing which no date extension shall be provided. A three-step methodology has been employed for parents to complete the RTE Tamil Nadu application process for their wards.
In this regard, applicants must follow the norms of registration, followed by the filling process, and lastly, paying fees and document uploading step. Candidates must ensure they keep all information and documents ready before entering application form details. Here are the steps:
- First, visit the official portal of Tamil Nadu RTE.
- Traverse to the ‘Student Registration’ section.
- Carefully read and understand the instructions provided. Click on proceed.
- Provide basic details in the registration form.
- Enter the application form section.
- Candidates must enter information such as name, date of birth, address, age, parents’ name, category, income details, occupation, mobile number, e-mail ID, etc.
- All details should be correctly entered and verifiable.
- Now, move on to the last section. Pay the application fee and upload documents in the required size and format.
- Before submitting your form, ensure you verify the smallest details for accuracy.
- Submit the completed application form. Keep a hard copy of the submitted form for future reference.
Documents Required for Tamil Nadu RTE
Candidates need to scan and upload the required documents on the official portal. If the application form is not attached with the necessary documents while submission or before the last date to apply, then such forms shall be rejected immediately.
Any requests to postpone document submission to a later date shall not be contended with. Here is the essential list of documents:
- Aadhaar card or optionally ration card can also be provided.
- Birth certificate of student
- Caste certificate of parents
- Special category certificate if a candidate belongs to an economically disadvantaged group.
- Domicile certificate
- The income certificate of the parents
- Passport-size photograph of the student
RTE Tamil Nadu – Selection Process
The Directorate of Education provides admission for classes Nursery, LKG, UKG and 1st standard for the state of Tamil Nadu under the RTE act. Admissions are going to commence in May 2024 (Tentative) formally. All applications received before the deadline shall be screened and shortlisted.
All candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria shall be given preference and selected in the first round. Later, a lottery system shall be engaged for the final selection of candidates. The admission process is applicable to both government and private schools of Tamil Nadu.
How to Check RTE Admission 2024 Tamil Nadu Results?
Once applications are submitted, parents will be anxious about obtaining results and updates regarding their wards’ admission. To ease out the process, here we explain the steps to check the result of the application:
- Visit the official Tamil Nadu RTE portal.
- Click on the tab indicating “Application status”.
- Provide the correct login ID and password.
- Submit any other details requested.
- The status/ result of your application shall be displayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Specify the size and format for uploading the candidate’s photograph.
The size should be a maximum of 1 MB, with the photo specification at 1400 PX*1671 PX. Documents can be scanned in JPG/JPEG format only.
2. What are the age specification criteria under RTE Tamil Nadu?
For kindergarten classes [including Nursery/LKG/UKG] – the candidate should be born between 01-08-2016 and 01-08-2017.
For admission to class 1 – the candidate should be born between 01-08-2014 and 01-08-2015.
3. Which are the schools providing admission under the RTE Act?
All matriculation and elementary schools of TN following the RTE norms can be found on the official portal. For locating schools easily, the school’s name against the corresponding district is cited in a table format. This makes it easy for students to locate schools.
An official team would address all queries relating to RTE Admission to facilitate the easy admission process.
Please get in touch with the helpline number 8144-22-4444 to clarify your doubts, if any.