The state government of Madhya Pradesh has launched a dedicated portal for the Right to Education, as per the state’s RTE Act of 2009. The government is actively implementing the free and compulsory education act to boost enrollment, enhance retention rates, and prevent dropouts. The primary focus is on economically disadvantaged and backward families, guiding and informing them about the accessibility of free and equitable education for all.
This article will explain how the government is taking steps to reserve around 25% of seats in private schools. These schools are spread across different locations in the state. The main aim of the state government is to provide free education to all candidates of the weaker sections till they come to class 8.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the RTE MP 2024 Admission date on the official website – rteportal.mp.gov.in.
Eligibility Criteria for RTE MP Admission 2024
The admission process requires candidates to fulfil specific eligibility criteria. All candidates who are able to meet these conditions can go ahead and apply on the given dates. If a candidate does not seem to qualify in these conditions, they may be denied admission at present or later stages of the process. So look at these criteria and understand them carefully before going ahead:
- All candidates who are permanently domiciled in Madhya Pradesh are eligible to apply.
- Applicants could either be studying in 1st grade or nursery class.
- The RTE admission form should be submitted to the nearest private institution. Parents must stand by distance norms from their residence as specified in the RTE state act.
- Candidates should belong to the weaker sections of society.
- Forms, once submitted, cannot be withdrawn to make modifications or changes. Enter the correct details while filling out the form.
The following table describes the age criteria as prescribed by official norms for the admission process; readers are requested to take note of it:
|Class to which admission is sought
|For pre-primary ( Class 3 +)
|More than 3 years and less than 4 years
|For pre-primary ( Class 4 +)
|More than 3.6 years but less than 5 years
|For pre-primary ( Class 5 +)
|More than 4.6 years but less than 6 years
|More than 5 years but less than 7 years
How to Apply for RTE MP 2024?
All applications have to be made in the online mode only. Officials have made it clear that any other mode involved in sending the applications is duly not accepted. Also, candidates have to read and understand the guidelines carefully without fail. Before starting the application process, parents have to keep all documents ready and in place. The entire application procedure is comprehensively described below:
- Visit the official website of RTE Madhya Pradesh portal for admissions to the current year 2024-25.
- Make sure you are filling out the form within the stipulated deadline.
- Cross-check the eligibility criteria mentioned in the previous section.
- The first step is candidate registration. Provide basic and compulsory details like the candidate’s name, mobile number and e-mail ID of parents.
- Submit the registration form.
- Parents shall receive an acknowledgement over their mobile number. This message contains the application number and password.
- Parents may also receive these details over e-mail ID.
- Now login to the portal again with registered credentials.
- Now comes the actual form-filling section. Enter more details like educational qualification, parents’ income, and any other requested information.
- Now, upload the requisite documents.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Verify all details once more. All data should be correct and without errors.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy printout of the application form. Save it for future reference.
Documents Required for RTE Madhya Pradesh
Documents should be scanned and uploaded in the correct format. Not following the specifications may lead to disqualification of the application. The documents to be submitted are given below; they are only indicative. During the selection and actual admission process, on request by authorities, candidates may need to produce more documents. The indicative list is given below:
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Mark sheets of the last exam passed.
- Certificate for proof of date of birth
- Disability certificate
- Print out the submitted application form.
RTE Madhya Pradesh – Selection Process
Admission to private schools under the RTE quota is provided by a random lottery system. This lottery system is conducted by officials of the state RTE system. The lottery process is conducted by officials, again in the online mode only. Results will be generated after completing the lottery system, and selected students will be indicated on the official portal.
Students are requested to check the official portal for updates from time to time. If a candidate finds his name in the selected list of students, he should immediately report to the school with his parents. Candidates should carry the required documents for the certification process by the concerned education officer. The printout of the application form also needs to be taken along.
Candidates must report to the school within the specified time slot and date. All candidates shall be provided with a reporting form by the conducting authorities. The reporting form needs to be filled out like an application form: all correct details are to be mentioned, and a photo of the applicant is to be pasted into the space provided. Submit the form and obtain a receipt.
How to Check RTE MP Results?
Now that we have a fair idea of how applications are screened and how the lottery system of admission is conducted, let’s try to move to our next section. In this particular part of the article, let’s try to understand how to retrieve the results of applications. Whenever a candidate wishes to check the results of his applications, he has to follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the homepage of the official portal.
- Log in with registered credentials.
- Go to the section indicating “Admission check-in.”
- Provide any additional details requested [like candidate name, etc.].
- Hit the submit button.
- Check for the candidate’s name in the selected student’s list display.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much is the number of private schools in MP that provide 25% reservation under the RTE quota?
Around 22,385 non-government schools are offering 25% reservation under the RTE quota.
2. When can the results of the lottery for seat selection be expected this year?
Lottery results can be expected around June 2024 (Tentative)
3. What are the minimum and maximum age to apply for RTE admission?
For the state-held RTE admission for MP, children between the ages of 3 and 7 may apply.
For additional queries and any trouble understanding the process, the officials are always ready to serve the public.
They can be reached at 7552600115 or contacted via e-mail at [email protected].