RTE Maharashtra Admission for 2024-25 has begun in the state, and parents are waiting to enroll their children into these schools. All private schools in Maharashtra have to abide by the RTE rules and regulations. It is mandatory to reserve 25% of seats in these schools for students from poorer sections of the society. It is also required to provide free education to these students starting from class 1 till class 8.
This article provides detailed information on RTE Admission 2024-25 Maharashtra, including important dates, admission procedure, application fees and selection process.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check RTE Maharashtra 2024 Admission date on the official website (rte25admission.maharashtra.gov.in)
How to Apply for RTE Maharashtra Admission 2024?
All candidates aged 6 to 14 years, domiciled in Maharashtra and belonging to the economically poorer sections of society, are eligible to apply for admission to RTE Maharashtra 2024. Also, candidates must be aware that 25% of seats in all educational institutions shall be reserved for the economically backward sections of society.
All parents intending to seek admission for their wards under the RTE system should follow the admission procedure provided below. RTE state authorities strictly adhere to the online application system, and no other methods or means of application will be entertained. Candidates must, first and foremost, select the school on the official portal by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official portal of ‘School Education and Support Department, the government of Maharashtra’.
- Click on the list of schools.
- Select a district.
- If you choose the option to search block-wise, then enter the block name to locate the school.
- If you prefer to search for school name-wise, then enter the correct name.
- Provide a search option, and school details shall be displayed.
The application process consists of registration and application form filling.
Step 1 – Student Registration Process
- Visit the official RTE Maharashtra portal.
- Candidates need to create a login ID and password for registration.
- Enter basic candidate details, contact information and e-mail ID.
- Submit the registration form.
- Candidates shall receive login ID and password through SMS or e-mail. The mail attachment shall also contain individual application number.
Step 2 – Application Form Filling Process
- After registering on the official Maharashtra RTE portal, please log in using your valid credentials.
- Open the application form section.
- Enter the correct details in the application form without any mistakes.
- After filling out your form, upload the necessary documents as requested.
- Take care to upload all documents in the right size and format.
- Take a hard copy print of the submitted application form.
- In the next step, candidates must pay the requisite application fee. The application fees shall be revised from time to time, and the updated fee amount shall be displayed on the official website.
- After fee payment, submit the application form before the due date.
Step 3 – List of Documents Required for RTE Maharashtra
The list of documents is to be attached to the application form. Here are the enclosures to be provided:
- Recent passport size photograph
- Domicile certificate
- Hard copy of submitted application form.
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate [ if applicable]
- Income certificate or salary slip from the employer
- Birth certificate
- Documents to support special cases – war widows/ widows/ orphaned children/ child of single parent.
RTE Maharashtra Selection Process
The authorities notified the list of vacant and available seats on the official website. The admission procedure is carried out in correspondence with the availability of seats. A comparison is drawn between the number of seats available and the number of applications received.
- If the number of vacant seats is less than the number of applicants, then seats shall be allotted to candidates based on the lottery system of selection.
- If the number of vacant seats exceeds the number of applications received, then the school shall provide seats for all applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can apply for RTE Maharashtra admission?
Children in primary classes until class 8, domiciled in Maharashtra, can apply for RTE Maharashtra admission.
2. What are the opening and closing dates for the application process?
The application process formally began in February 2024 and concluded in March 2024.
3. How to check RTE Maharashtra Result?
Candidates are advised to visit the official portal from time to time to check results. It is hereby noted that waiting lists are provided for selected students. Those candidates whose names appear on the waiting list shall be intimated over an SMS on parents’ mobile numbers. The admission process can be formally initiated for all selected students.
All candidates who wish to clarify their doubts/ queries regarding RTE admission shall contact on the below-mentioned details:
Contact Number: +91-9158877431
E-mail ID: [email protected]