The Department of Public Instruction, Government of Karnataka, conducts admissions under RTE guidelines. The state believes that every child, regardless of caste or creed, has an equal right to receive a quality education. In broader terms, the government has been aiding children in acquiring knowledge that will enable them to reach greater heights in their future careers.
The skill set acquired in this process prepares them for the future. Beyond career-oriented and subject-specific skills, the Karnataka state government, through various initiatives, encourages value-based learning methodologies. In the long run, the state promotes excellence at all societal levels by making education accessible to all classes.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the RTE Karnataka 2024 Admission date on the official website – schooleductaion.kar.nic.in.
Eligibility Criteria for RTE Karnataka Admission
Here is the list of conditions to be fulfilled by candidates interested in obtaining a seat under the 25% allocation of RTE quota:
- Admission under state RTE is open to permanent residents of Karnataka only.
- The annual family income of applicants’ parents is less than INR 3.5 lakhs.
- Candidates should be from the economically underprivileged classes of society to apply.
- For admission to UKG, a candidate should be in the age bracket of 3 years 10 months to 4 years 10 months.
- For admission to grade 1, a candidate should fall in the age bracket of 5 years 10 months to 6 years 10 months.
- Greater priority is offered to special classes of children. This class includes candidates who are orphans, children affected or infected by deadly HIV disease, transgender children, children who require special needs and attention, children dwelling on streets and slums, children of migrants, and children of farmers who have perished under the circumstances or committed suicide.
- Wards of serving government employees are also eligible to apply under the RTE Act.
How to Apply for RTE Karnataka 2024?
Below, we have provided a step-by-step RTE Karnataka application 2024-25 form process.
- Visit the homepage of the official website.
- All candidates must register on the website before proceeding to the application process.
- The registered application ID and the password shall be sent to the parent’s registered mobile number or e-mail ID.
- The next section requests all details about the student and parents’ information.
- All data entered should be correct.
- Next, select your preferred school from the drop-down list. Make sure the school falls within a range of 1 to 3 km from the residence.
- The school selection is followed by the selection of classes for admission.
- Scan documents in the required format and upload them correctly.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy print of the same to save for future reference.
Documents Required for Karnataka RTE
The documents must be kept ready before the start of the application process. This can avoid any glitches in the application submission process. List of documents for Karnataka RTE Admission
- Aadhaar card of parents
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of residence of parents.
- Print copy of submitted application form.
- Passport-size photo of the candidate
- Mark sheets of the last exam
- Disability certificate [if applicable]
RTE Karnataka Selection Process
Following the application submission process, the applications shall undergo strict checks and scrutiny to verify all candidatures. After looking into every application in detail, concerned officials shall filter out many among them and nominate quite a few for the following online lottery process.
The list of nominated candidates shall be posted on the online website. After the nomination process, candidates shall be allotted seats for school admission. A dual process keeps changing every year based on the number of applicants.
Suppose the number of applications is fewer than the available seats; the seat allotment process takes place directly without any further processes. If the seats available are fewer than the applications received, an online lottery system shall be conducted to select students randomly.
The state education department officials shall communicate with the selected students, and they could proceed further to the allotted school for admission formalities. All candidates must carry a copy of the submitted application form and attested copies of documents submitted as part of the admission process.
How to Check RTE Admission 2024 Karnataka Result?
Candidates who have qualified under the RTE Act and have applied accordingly can look for results on the official portal. Here are the steps to check the results:
- Visit the homepage of the official portal.
- Go to the section titled “ Latest News”.
- Click on the corresponding result round to obtain results.
- Enter your application number in the space provided.
- Enter the mobile number provided in the application form.
- Next, click on generate OTP. Results shall be displayed on the portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If a candidate does not possess an Aadhaar card at present, can he apply?
YES, candidates can apply for an Aadhaar card and submit the Aadhaar number in the application form.
2. What documents can be furnished for proof of residence?
An Aadhaar card, driving license, first page of bank passbook, driving license, ration card, Voter ID card, or passport copy can be provided.
3. To what age group does the RTE Karnataka implementation cater to?
All candidates in the age group of 6 to 14 can apply.
4. What are the details to be kept handy for the student registration process?
The candidate’s name, date of birth, e-mail ID and contact number must be given.
For any doubts in this regard, candidates can feel free to contact these helpline numbers – 1800-425-34567 OR 080-2248716.
The address is as follows – New Public office, Near RBI, Nrupathunga Road, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560001