Gujarat’s Directorate of Primary Education has called in for admissions under the RTE Act for 2024-2025. The entire process is conducted online, and candidates have to refer to the notification that has already been released on the official portal. The whole process of RTE Gujarat admission takes place in three comprehensive rounds conducted one after the other. All parents are hereby requested to read and understand the admission process and follow guidelines without fail.
The state of Gujarat implemented the RTE Act 2009 to provide free and compulsory education to students from economically unprivileged classes. This admission process is conducted for students in classes 1 to 8. The government aims to reduce the fee burden on families from BPL classes and makes special provisions for scholarship facilities for needy and deserving students.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the RTE Gujarat 2024 Admission date on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for RTE Gujarat Admission 2024
Parents interested in enrolling their children into schools under the RTE quota should compulsorily qualify for these eligibility conditions. The following criteria are the minimum requirements for a candidate to obtain a seat. Merely qualifying in the eligibility norms does not guarantee a seat for admission. The conditions are given below:
- Candidates born between 2nd June 2014 and 1st June 2015 can apply.
- The income specifications are given below. They are different for each category :
- SC/ST candidates – Below INR 2 lakhs per annum
- OBC candidates – Below INR 1 lakh per annum
- General merit – Below INR 68,000 per annum.
How to Apply for RTE Gujarat?
All candidates must follow the instructions and step-by-step procedure given below to complete the application form, keep all documents handy and enter the correct data.
- The entire process is online. First and foremost visit the official site – rte.orpgujarat.com
- Follow important guidelines and read through instructions for filling in the details in the form.
- On the homepage, locate the tab indicating “Online application”.
- As new applicants, candidates first need to perform registration.
- Enter basic registration details in the form.
- After registration, visit the form-filling section.
- Enter all details required in the application form.
- Details entered should be correct as false, and erroneous information shall lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Upload requisite documents as per specified size and format.
- Pay the fixed application fees.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy printout and preserve it for future reference.
Documents Required for RTE Gujarat Admission
All parents should ensure that they submit attested copies of documents during the uploading process along with application submission. Later, if the candidate is selected for further admission rounds, they must provide original documents for verification. All original documents shall be returned to the candidate soon after official verification. The list of documents is indicated below:
- Income certificate of parents.
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Scanned image of the candidate.
- Scanned photo of the candidate.
- Proof of residence.
- Birth certificate
- Candidate’s Aadhaar card.
- Bank details of parents
The above list is common for all applicants. Owing to special cases, in addition to the above documents, the list below indicates supplementary documents as and where applicable for the candidate:
- Guardian support card
- Baby support card
- Proof indicating children of jawans who have been martyred.
- Proof to suggest child infected with HIV
- Proof indicating special needs child
- Proof to indicate migrant children
- Proof to show children with cerebral palsy condition
- Proof to indicate a child who has been orphaned.
- Proof to indicate children of wandering tribes.
- Proof to indicate children coming from BPL families.
RTE Gujarat Selection Process
The admission procedure has to be keenly followed by the parents of applicants by understanding the instructions provided at every step. The first and foremost step involves filling out the application form and submitting it by attaching relevant documents—all applications must be submitted before the deadline.
Based on the number of applications received, officials shall look into each one of them. Those applications not complying with the eligibility criteria shall not be taken for further rounds. Applications selected in the first round shall be nominated for the following lottery selection process.
All names of candidates who have been selected through the lottery system shall be displayed on the official portal. Such candidates would be instructed to visit the allotted school to meet the officials in person.
Candidates need to take a hard copy of the submitted application form and documents for official verification. After the verification procedures are complete, a candidate shall be admitted into the school and instructed further on the admission process.
How to Download RTE Gujarat Admit Card?
All candidates who wish to enroll under RTE admission by taking the RTE Gujarat exam can download the admit card from the official portal. The steps are provided below:
- Visit the official portal.
- On the left-hand panel, click the tab indicating “Admit card”.
- Enter your registration ID and date of birth.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code if provided.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
How to Check RTE Gujarat Lottery Results?
Candidate can check their respective results for two instances – for checking selection after the lottery system and also to check exam results of Gujarat RTE. Steps to check results:
- Visit the official RTE portal.
- Go to the ‘Notice Board’ section.
- Look out for links indicating the results of an exam or online lottery system.
- Enter your registration ID and date of birth.
- Respective results of the candidate shall be provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the documents that can be provided as proof of residence?
Aadhaar card, electricity/ telephone/water bills, driving license, ration card, rental agreement, or passport can be provided as proof of residency.
2. What can be provided as proof of income?
An income slip from the Mamlatdar /Taluka development officer OR a certificate from the competent authority is to be provided for proof of income.
3. If a child does not have an Aadhaar card at the time of applying, what other alternatives can be provided?
Such candidates can apply for an Aadhaar card and mention the application number in the RTE form.
4. What is the reservation rate in schools following the RTE admission quota?
All schools affiliated with the Gujarat state government have to mandatorily provide reservations of 25% of seats for economically weaker sections of society.
For further enquiries on the admission process under RTE Gujarat, candidates may ask doubts to the concerned authorities. The helpline number is 079-41057851. They are reachable between 11 AM to 5 PM on all working days.