Essay on Road Safety: In the advanced era of automobile technology, there has been a potential rise in the number of accidents and hazards that occur every following year. Road safety is closely associated with safe drivers, safe roads free from potholes, safe vehicles and pedestrians. Rash driving and drunk driving are significant contributors to road rage and road accidents. If we follow road rules strictly and maintain lane discipline, we can ensure road safety.
Essay on Road Safety 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Road Safety Essay in English, suitable for class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
The measure taken to prevent road accidents and ensure safe mobility is termed as road safety. It is a serious step that must be followed. Road safety rules apply to every individual of this society. Whether you are walking on the road or driving a bike, you must follow these safety rules.
Road accidents can be injurious and even fatal. These traffic accidents mostly affect pedestrians, cyclists, car drivers, or heavy vehicle owners. According to the statistics, around 231000 people in India die due to road accidents every year. What is more astonishing is up to 16 children lose their lives in these accidents daily. Top Indian states which witness road accident deaths include Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, and Kerala. Seeing such high statistics, even the World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed concern over the matter.
Road Safety Rules
The safety rules that have been formulated by the government must be obeyed. They help us prevent road accidents that occur due to negligence. Some of these rules include:
- Pedestrians walking on the road must stick to the pavements (on the left side).
- Walk in the zebra line when you cross sides.
- You should also be following the traffic signals.
- While driving a vehicle, do not exceed the speed limit.
- Slow down when you come across a turn or bend in the road.
- People riding two-wheelers should always wear helmets.
- If you are driving a car, put on your seat belt.
- Maintain a considerable distance between the other vehicles to avoid the collision.
- Be mindful of the pedestrians near junctions and busy areas (like schools, hospitals, markets).
- Do not use earphones or mobile while driving or walking on the roads.
- Be well aware of the signs and rules of safety during your travel.
- Parents must accompany their children while crossing roads.
- Look both left and right sides before crossing the road.
- Follow the rules even if there is no rush or it’s a one-way street.
- Do not jump on the dividers or run on the roads.
- Ensure you have an approved driving license as well.
Importance of Road Safety
Road safety ensures the citizens of a country remain safe. It is important because it preserves our lives. Accidents can cause damage besides taking someone’s life. The destruction of property is one of them. Maintenance or rebuilding the infrastructure needs time and money. Road safety is crucial for the economic growth and stability of a nation. Therefore, we must adhere to these rules and practice them. Spreading awareness and sensitizing people over this issue will help everyone. Slogans, posters, and campaigns are a few ways to do this job.