A sequence of sentences representing an idea or explaining a topic in the most organized fashion is called a paragraph. Paragraph writing pertains to a single issue at a time. All matter relevant to the topic has to be clearly explained in a section in a proper flow. While writing paragraphs, it is essential to care for the target audience. Students are mostly beneficial candidates of paragraphs as they look out for relevant information while crafting essays.
The main ingredients in articulating a pleasant paragraph are integrating ideas, consistency of language, brief and straightforward introduction through a topical sentence, organization of ideas in an orderly fashion in the substantiation part, and a well-constructed conclusion. Apart from these key ingredients, using simple and easy-to-understand language is essential in writing out a good paragraph.
List of Paragraph Writing Topics for School Students
Below we have provided paragraph writing topics for classes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. These English paragraph writing topics are helpful for all school students to perform well in essay or passage writing competitions.
- Paragraph on Computer
- Paragraph on Durga Puja
- Paragraph on Good Manners
- Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy
- Paragraph on Environment
- Paragraph on Teachers’ Day
- Paragraph on Pollution
- Paragraph on Diwali
- Paragraph on Cow
- Paragraph on Global Warming
- Paragraph on Summer Vacation
- My Hobby Paragraph
- Paragraph on Discipline
- Paragraph on Dussehra
- Paragraph on Water Pollution
- Paragraph on My School
- Paragraph on APJ Abdul Kalam
- Paragraph on Importance of Education
- Paragraph on Independence Day of India
- My Best Friend Paragraph
- Paragraph on Nature
- Paragraph on Books
- Paragraph on Family
- Paragraph on Social Media
- Paragraph on Save Water
- Paragraph on Friendship
- Mother’s Day Paragraph
- Paragraph on My Father
- Paragraph on Education
- Paragraph on Raksha Bandhan
- Paragraph on Save Earth
- Paragraph on Newspaper
Types of Paragraphs
The below description tells us the different varieties of paragraphs that writers can curate to make the art more interesting:
- Descriptive Paragraph: These types of paragraphs pertain to one subject matter at a time. The main topic is typically divided into many sub-themes, and subsections are listed accordingly. The central idea description is achieved towards the end of the task.
- Persuasive Paragraph: Persuasive paragraph in general context works on coaxing a reader to unite with the writer’s thoughts. It is generally to determine oneness with the author’s opinions out of the sheer will of the reader.
- Expository Paragraph: Expository paragraphs lend information and detail on various topics. They are generally substantial with data representation and ride on the substance of information presentation.
- Narrative Paragraph: Here, a paragraph is used as a tool to narrate a sequence of events or slices from a story in sequential order. The systematic flow of information in a logical order is essential in this case.
How to Write a Good Paragraph?
The art of paragraph writing is a superior form of literary expression. Every craft has its own set of nuances and theories explicable to be formatted into. Like how an essay has its structure, syntax, limitations, and varied development form, paragraph writing too has its list of guidelines to be followed, like the ones given below:
1. Crafting the Perfect Topical Sentence
Synthesising the main idea behind the topic and expressing it in the paragraph’s opening part is the primary entry-level form of paragraph writing. Work on these three themes to fabricate an excellent opening to your paragraph:
- a concise and brief introduction
- the essence of the introduction and background idea
- a platform for further exploration into the subject.
2. Determining Explicit Description in the Mid-order
Now, this is the central part of the core aspect of paragraph writing. This section describes the subject matter entirely and fulfils the reader’s expectations. Writers should take care to justify their points and list all possibilities and factors concerning the topic’s central theme. The central part of the paragraph is the most vital part to the readers also. They get the most exciting and fascinating portion of read-up in this section of the paragraph. Work on constructing these points in the central part:
- Research well to obtain the most valid and appropriate data.
- Explain their relevancy to the subject matter.
- Support your data with examples and illustrations.
3. Wrapping Up Your Ideas in the Concluding Section
Closing your paragraph in a unique style is also necessary to build a great paragraph. After giving out an exciting read-up in the central portion, the writer should focus on providing something light and drifting away from the central core. Associated themes and subsidiary elements should be listed down in the conclusion. These are the vitals of a reasonable paragraph conclusion:
- Leave room for more thoughts surrounding the topic-in-discussion
- Summarise the main part of the paragraph
- Re-instate the central core theme and allow the reader to explore more.