ONGC Scholarship 2024 is a unique scholarship opportunity offered by ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Company) to students who are in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, or Master’s in Geophysics/Geology and belonging to SC/ST/OBC and General categories. The scholarships rewarding 2000 deserving candidates annually come under the CSR initiative of ONGC Limited. The benefits of ONGC scholarships can be availed by Indian students enrolled in the abovementioned academic programmes.
ONGC Scholarship 2024
|ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Company) Limited
|First year students of Engineering, MBBS, or Master’s in Geophysics/Geology
|₹ 48,000 per annum to each scholar (₹ 4,000 per month)
Eligibility Criteria for ONGC Scholarship
To apply for the ONGC Scholarship, candidates have to meet specific criteria that are explained in this section:
- Only Indian citizens can apply.
- Students belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) and General categories are eligible to avail the benefits of this scholarship.
- The applicant must be a full-time student in the 1st year of Engineering, MBBS course or 1st year of MBA, Master in Geology, Geophysics at an AICTE/UGC/MCI/State University/State Education Board/Central University/Central Government institution.
- The students applying for the Engineering / MBBS programme must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Class 12.
- The students applying for MBA / Masters in Geology / Geophysics must have secured a minimum of 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA/OGPA on a 10-point scale of the grading system.
- The gross annual income of the family from all sources should be less than Rs. 4.50 Lakh for SC/ST candidates.
- The gross annual income of the family from all sources should be less than Rs. 2 Lakh for OBC/General
- An applicant should not be more than 30 years of age.
How to Apply for the ONGC Scholarship 2024?
The application process is majorly online and the applicants need to go through the following points to avoid any mistakes and inconvenience.
- The students are required to visit the official website of the ONGC scholarship.
- To start the application, click on the ‘Apply Scholarship’ button.
- Applicants are required to fill in the required details in the application form in capital letters only.
- Applicants are also required to upload the necessary documents along with the completed application, which is duly certified and forwarded by the Dean/Head/Principal of the University/Institute/College, and submit the same by clicking the submit button.
- The applicants must also send the hard copy to the designated ONGC office of their zone.
Zone Wise Address to Post Hard Copy of Application
|Chief Manager (HR), Reservation Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248003
|GM (HR), ONGC, NBP Green Heights, Plot No. C-69, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400051
|Incharge HR/ER, SVS, ONGC, Assam Asset, Central Workshop, 2nd Floor, B.G. Road, Sivasagar – 785640, Assam
|Incharge HR/ER, MBA Basin, ONGC, 50 – J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700071
|Incharge HR/ER, ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA Tower – I, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600008
List of Documents Required
To complete the application process, the applicants are required to attach the following documents to support the information provided by them. The list of documents that should be necessarily attached is given below-
- Passport-size photograph of the applicant
- Caste certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Age proof (birth certificate/ class 10th mark sheet)
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Annual family income certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Bank details (in the prescribed format)
- Copy of the PAN card
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of undertaking
Selection Process of ONGC Scholarship
ONGC scholarship is designed to provide benefits to meritorious students, and therefore, the company selects the candidates based on their academic performance and excellence. Students pursuing Engineering or MBBS are selected on the basis of their score in class 12, and the students pursuing an MBA or Master’s course in Geology or Geophysics are selected on the basis of their scores in their graduation.
When applicants have obtained the same marks, in this situation, the applicant belonging to the lower family income group will be selected. The scholarship prioritizes applicants from BPL (Below Poverty Line) families. They will select other applicants in the case of unavailability of applicants from BPL families.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship
There are certain terms and conditions set by the company to ensure that the scholarship programs are successfully implemented and awarded to those who fit in the eligibility criteria issued by the company. The terms and conditions are given below:
- The students desiring to apply for ONGC scholarships must not be awarded any other scholarship or have attained any financial assistance.
- The scholarship is based on the performance of the students, and to enjoy benefits without any interruption, the student needs to be consistent with their excellent performance.
- The conduct of students will also be assessed.
- The student must obtain a minimum of 50% or 5 CGPA.
- A student failing to maintain the prerequisite academic scores will not be awarded a scholarship for that particular year.
- The students are also required to renew their scholarship in case of discontinuation. There is a specified format for applying for the same. The candidates will be eligible for renewal only when they maintain the required percentage or CGPA.
ONGC, or Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, is a significant state-owned enterprise in India specializing in the nationwide production of natural gas and crude oil. Recognized in Fortune’s prestigious’ Most Admired Energy Companies’ list, ONGC has consistently set high standards in its operations. As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts, the company has launched multiple initiatives focusing on education, healthcare, entrepreneurship, women’s empowerment, water management, and more. One such initiative is the ONGC scholarship for SC/ST students, designed to support higher education for students belonging to these communities.
Students who have questions regarding the ONGC scholarship, including eligibility criteria, application procedure, rewards, etc., can reach out to the provider without hesitation. The details of the provider are as follows-
Address: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Green Hills Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248003
Tel.: 0135 – 2792630, 2792656