The ration card serves as a very important document to enable the people of Odisha state to receive rice grains, wheat, and other food commodities at subsidized rates. The Odisha Ration Card is also a very important and primary document source for identification for all citizens who own it.
The Odisha Ration card is issued by the state government and is majorly distributed among sections of society with lower annual income groups. These people cannot generally afford non-subsidized rates for food and other commodities. This article provides detailed insights about the various eligibility criteria for applying for a ration card, application procedures, and the various documents to be submitted along with the form.
Odisha Ration Card List 2022
To check the Ration Card List in Odisha, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the official website of “Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare” of the state of Odisha.
- Enter these details – Name of the district, Ward Number, block name, and center name.
- Click on the tab titled “Get Report”.
- After this step, the list of names shall be displayed on your screen.
Odisha Ration Card Eligibility
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled for applicants willing to apply for ration card. The primary eligibility criteria are given below:
- An applicant or the applicant’s family should not hold a ration card previously that is issued by the state government.
- Applicants must be citizens of India.
Types of Odisha Ration Card
The state of Odisha offers primarily three types of ration cards that fall in the prescribed income category. The three types of ration cards are:
- APL Ration Cards: People who fall over the poverty line are eligible to receive the APL Ration cards.
- BPL Ration Cards: People whose annual income is less than Rs. 1 lakh fall below the poverty line and are eligible for BPL Ration cards.
- Antyodaya Ration Cards: The commercially weaker sections in the society receive the Antyodaya Anna Yojana card.
How to Apply for Odisha Ration Card
For Odisha cards, applications must be submitted in offline mode only. The application procedure is not available in the online mode. All applicants must visit the official TSO or DFO offices to submit applications for applying to ration cards. The application form for a new ration card can be downloaded from the official website of the Consumer Welfare portal of the government. Fill up the form in the offline mode and make submissions accordingly.
Steps to apply for Odisha Ration card are:
- Visit the official website of the state government department.
- Traverse on the home page and click on the option of E-bitaran.
- You will soon be redirected to a new web page.
- A list of options shall be displayed on the screen. Select the Online application link to download the form for applying for a ration card.
- The form shall be downloaded into your system.
- Take the hard copy printout of the form and fill up the details correctly.
- At the nearest DFO office, submit the filled-up form by enclosing the suitable documents required.
- A verification process is conducted after the application and relevant documents are submitted by the applicant. It takes up to 30 days for a new ration card to be sent to the registered address of the applicant.
Documents Required for Odisha Ration Card
These documents must be produced to the government authorities as requested while applying for an Odisha Ration card. A list of documents is enlisted below:
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of Address
- Bank Passbook
- Certificate of Income
- Aadhaar Card
- In case of transfer, Ration Card Surrender Receipt.
- All members of the family should provide Photo identification proof.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to make changes to a new ration card?
Yes, it is possible to make changes to a new ration card at any time. Applicants have to visit their nearest DFO office and place a request to make necessary changes on the ration card. A set of documents needs to be submitted as proof quoting that the changes requested are legitimate. After the verification process, the concerned officer shall initiate changes in the ration card.
2. How many days does it normally take for the ration card to be sent to the indicated address?
To dispatch the ration card to the registered address of the applicant normally takes about 30 days. The verification officer verifies the application and the submitted documents thoroughly; hence it takes about a month.
3. Is it possible to apply for Odisha Ration Card online?
No, online modes of applications are not permitted. Applicants must visit the nearest DFO or TSO office in their city to apply. On the official website of the Consumer Welfare of the Government, Applications for applying to Odisha ration cards are available, and applicants can download the same. All applications must be correctly filled, attachments suitably made, and the same should be submitted to the concerned department in person.
Ration Card Related Articles