The Mizoram Public Service Commission (MPSC) is an authorized body eligible to conduct the Mizoram State Civil Service Exam to select candidates for different posts pertaining to government jobs in the state of Mizoram. Candidates who apply and clear the examination will be recruited to the various state government administrative positions of the civil services cadre.
This article gives detailed information about Mizoram PSC 2024 notification, including exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, and more. The official website of the commission is mpsc.mizoram.gov.in.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check Mizoram Civil Service 2024 Exam date on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for Mizoram PSC
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India, and a permanent resident of Mizoram. If a candidate whose ancestors belonged to the state of Mizoram with permanent resident status, such candidates are also permitted to take up the exam, provided they have all the necessary documentation to prove their resident status.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate who has obtained a minimum bachelors’ degree or three years of graduation or equivalent that is recognized by the government of India. Candidate must compulsorily know Mizo language to apply for the exam.
- Age Criteria: Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years but must not have exceeded the age of 35 years on 1st August 2021.
- Age Relaxation: Age relaxation is applicable to those candidates who belong to the reserved categories.
- SC/ST – Relaxation in the upper limit, up to 5 years.
- Persons with disabilities – up to 10 years
- Persons with disabilities belonging to SC/ST categories – 10 years plus five years additional relaxation
- Number of Attempts: There is ‘No’ cap in the number of attempts, but candidates should adhere to the upper age limit relaxation.
Mizoram PSC 2024 Application Process
The Mizoram Public Service Commission makes the application for candidates available from when the official notification is published on the website. Candidates must check all details and submit the form before the deadline. Follow these steps to apply to the MPSC website:
- Application to be submitted in OFFLINE mode.
- Candidates can collect the application form in person from the MPSC Mizoram office.
- They have to fill in all requisite and compulsory details cited in the form.
- Stick photograph and attach necessary documents for verification.
- Place your signature on the form.
- Cross-check all the details you’ve given out in the form.
- Submit the form at the office and receive an acknowledgement.
The application fee can be paid in OFFLINE mode only, in three ways listed below:
- Through direct cash payment at the state commission office.
- Depositing fee into the Treasury of Mizoram Public Service Commission (specifications as provided by commission)
- By sending an uncrossed postal order to the state commission.
Candidates have to note the variation in fees for different categories.
- General merit candidates belonging to the state of Mizoram: INR 300
- Interstate candidates: INR 300
- SC/ST candidates of State of Mizoram: INR 150
- OBC and Persons with disabilities of state of Mizoram: INR 150
Mizoram PSC Exam Pattern
The Mizoram Civil Service Commission shall conduct the exam in three stages, namely the Prelims, Mains, and Personality Test.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Preliminary exam is only for qualifying purpose.
- The prelims round consists of two papers – General Studies and General Aptitude.
- Both papers are objective type.
- Both papers are conducted for 200 marks each and two hours duration.
- Negative marking is applicable; for every wrong answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
Mains Exam Pattern
- The main exam is of descriptive type.
- It consists of six compulsory papers, i.e. (General English, General Essay, General Studies I, II, III and IV.
- Candidates have to choose one optional subject. There shall be two papers on one optional subject.
- There are eight papers, and each carries equal marks i.e., 100 marks.
- The composite marks of optional paper are 200 marks.
- Each paper will be conducted for three hours.
- Papers shall be set in both English and Mizo language.
- All candidates who clear the main exam successfully, above the cut off marks set by the commission, shall be considered eligible to attend the interview.
- The interview round shall be conducted for a maximum of 100 marks.
- The marks obtained in the mains exam along with the interview marks shall be counted for the final totaling of marks for preparing a final rank list of selected candidates.
Mizoram PSC Syllabus
Candidates are advised to understand the entire syllabus before preparing for the exam. Below, we have provided the Mizoram Civil Service 2024 Exam Syllabus in detail.
Paper-I: General Studies
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
- General Awareness on Mizo Society, its culture and heritage
Paper-II: General Aptitude (CSAT)
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- General English: English grammar, Vocabulary, idioms, and phrases, Sentence and paragraph writing, Sentence completion, Precise writing, Letter writing, Translation, English detailed comprehension
- Essay Paper: Candidates have to write an essay on given topics, they will have choices to select from, candidates should be mindful of the word limit set in the question paper.
- General Studies-I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
- General Studies-II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
- General Studies-III: Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- General Studies-IV: Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
Mizoram PSC 2024 Admit Card
The admit card for the Mizoram Civil Service Exam shall be made available online on the official website. Candidates must check the website for timely updates to download and report any discrepancies with the state commission. The step-by-step process to download the admit card is given below.
- Visit the official website of Mizoram Civil Service – mpsc.mizoram.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Examinations’ tab and select ‘Admit Card’
- Click on the exact activated link that will provide direct download of admit card.
- Enter details if asked, like registration number and date of birth.
- Admit card will be displayed.
- Download/print the Admit card.
Mizoram PSC 2024 Cut Off
The cut-off marks for prelims and mains shall be specified separately after announcing the results online on the official site. There shall be ‘No’ cut-off marks for the interview round. The cut-off mark is not a standard entity. Cut-off marks tend to vary every year and are decided at the discretion of the state commission.
The number of participants in the current year, the number of candidates who cleared the exam, the toughness level of the exam, and the availability of posts indicate the cut-off marks for the year.
Mizoram PSC 2024 Result
The result shall be announced after every round of the exam. Candidates have to check the website from time to time to see if the results have been announced. Steps to check results on the official website are indicated below:
- Results can be checked ONLINE by visiting the official website.
- Click on ‘Examinations’ tab and select ‘Result’ option from the list.
- Check if the link to check current year results has been activated.
- IF yes, then enter valid registration id, date of birth, and any other details requested by the commission.
- Upon successful validation of details, results shall be displayed.
- Download mark sheet/ take a print copy and save for future references.
Mizoram Civil Service 2024 Vacancies
The MPSC conducts the Civil Service Exam every year to recruit deserving candidates for various posts, as listed below. The number of jobs is bound to vary.
- Law Officer/Special Officer/ District Organizer
- Block Technology Manager for the Department of Agriculture.
- Primary or Middle School Teacher
- Assistant Engineer for various departments
- Adventure Organizer
- Stenographer Posts and College Principals.
How to Prepare for Mizoram Civil Service Exam
- Prelims and mains exams have a major focus on the general studies paper. So, elaborate preparation should be dedicated to this paper alone.
- Be choosy while selecting the optional subject.
- The optional subject should be chosen based on one’s aptitude.
- Increase your general awareness by reading newspapers and updating your knowledge through competitive examination magazines.
- Read scientific journals to read the latest from the science and technology field.
- Prepare notes and attend online mock test series/ assessment tests.
- The MPSC Mizoram exam is challenging as the commission can pop questions from any corner of the syllabus. Hence, giving importance to every small topic in the syllabus is essential.
- Place due importance on the latest offerings by the Mizoram government, initiatives, citizen-friendly measures,
- Program implementations, schemes, etc. They play a vital role in the paper.
- Be presentable in your answers.
Books for MPSC Mizoram Preparation
- NCERT Textbooks from standard 6th to 12th
- English for Competitive exams in the area of idioms and phrases by Roshan Tolani
- Objective English by S P Bakshi
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography
- Competitive and General Knowledge series by Lucent Publications
- Arihant General Knowledge Series