Maulana Azad Scholarship in current times is referred to as ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship.’ It is a gift for the minority girls of India to receive a financial grant for pursuing higher studies. It is a national-level scholarship offered only to girls belonging to minority communities.
This scholarship is provided by India’s government but funded by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation, hence the name. According to estimates, more than 6,00,000 girls have benefited from this scholarship to date.
Maulana Azad Scholarship 2024
|Maulana Azad Education Foundation
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
|Only to girls belonging to minority communities
|Last Date of Application
|September 30, 2024
|011-23583788 / 011-2358 3789
Eligibility for Maulana Azad Scholarship
The Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship was incepted with the idea of providing financial assistance to girl students and encouraging them to pursue higher education without financial constraints on their way. Some of the highlights of the eligibility criteria specified are given under:
- Only female students can apply.
- Students belonging to minority communities like Christians, Muslims, and Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, and Parsi communities can apply.
- Candidates pursuing the 9/10th class can apply.
- In the previous exam passed, the candidate should have a minimum score of at least 50% to be eligible to apply.
- The total family income must be less than 2 lakhs per year.
How to Apply for Maulana Azad Scholarship 2024?
The application for the Maulana scholarship is made an easy-to-apply process so that students find it convenient to apply easily and avail facilities. The entire process is made online to keep up with the latest advances in technology.
- Visit the official website – maef.nic.in
- For first time visitors, candidates need to register themselves by clicking on ‘Student Registration Form.’
- In the registration form, enter details like name, class, parents name, domicile, address, school details, contact details, etc.
- Submit the registration form after checking for its correctness.
- After submitting the registration form, students shall receive a link to download the school verification form.
- Candidates must download and print the school verification form.
- Get the hard copy of the school verification form verified by the respective school principal.
- Log in to the official website. Use mobile number and date of birth details for validation.
- Fill up the scholarship form.
- Enter relevant details like bank details, academic details, parent’s income details, parents’ occupation, etc.
- Upload relevant documents. Also, scan and upload the school verification form without fail.
- Submit the application form for further processing.
List of Documents Required
Candidates need to upload relevant documents while filling up an online application form to support their candidature. All documents must be scanned and uploaded in relevant sizes and specifications only. The size of each document should compulsorily be less than 200 KB in size and should be in PNG, JPG, or PDF formats only.
- Candidate’s recent passport size photograph
- School verification form duly attested/verified by the respective school principal.
- Mark sheets of the last passed exam of the candidate. [Should be attested by the principal].
- Parents income certificate
- Minority community certificate of the candidate [to be self-attested by the candidate]
- The first page of the bank passbook [to be self-attested by the candidate].
- Copy of Aadhaar card of the candidate
How to Check Maulana Azad Scholarship Status?
Those candidates who have applied on the official portal of MAEF can check for updates from time to time regarding their application status. Below we have provided simple steps to check the status of your scholarship application.
- Visit the official website – bhmnsmaef.org
- Navigate to the menu and click on the ‘Status’ tab
- Select the scholarship category
- Enter Your Date of Birth (DOB)
- Select Personal identification details entered by you during the application process.
- Finally, click on the ‘View Application Status’ button.
Rewards & Benefits
The class-wise benefits and rewards of the Maulana scholarship are enlisted below:
- For class 9th and 10th – INR 5000 is offered for every student to help cover tuition fees, books fee, stationary expenses, and lodging or accommodation charges.
- For class 11th and 12th – INR 6000 is offered to every student, and this would cover charges like tuition fees, books fees, stationary expenses, and lodging or accommodation charges.
Terms & Condition
Some of the valid and most important terms and conditions specified for Maulana scholarship are listed below:
- Candidates belonging to any state of India can apply. Scholarships are provided in order of the highest presence of minority female candidates in particular states or union territories.
- Scholarships are first provided to lower-income groups. More priority is reserved for low-income groups.
- Income certificates in regional language should be accompanied by the same certificate in English/Hindi language
- Candidates should not submit more than one application form for this scholarship
- The scholarship amount is disbursed to the candidate through DBT or direct benefit transfer mode
- Only candidates pursuing education within India are eligible to apply.
- Transfer from one educational institute to another is not permitted during the tenure of the scholarship.
- Students should not be availing any other scholarship while applying for this one.
- Good academic record should be maintained. Any gaps in education will lead to disqualification of scholarship
- Providing false candidate information will lead to the cancellation of scholarship.
- Cancelled or discontinued scholarships can’t be revoked again under any situation.
- Candidates should update themselves about the latest rules and regulations without fail and stick to them.
- Address: Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, Opp. New Delhi Railway Registration center, New Delhi – 110055
- Helpdesk Numbers: 011- 23583788 / 011- 2358 3789
- E-mail address: [email protected]