If you have a keen sense of research and are looking for the right platform to acquire higher skills and climb the professional ladder at a greater pace, then the Marie Curie fellowship should be on your list. This fellowship, also commonly known as the Sklodowska-Curie European fellowship, is primarily provided by the European Commission.
Candidates get a prospective opportunity to research at a European Union parent institution. This is irrespective of their discipline, barring age groups and not limited to any particular nation.
|Marie Curie Fellowship / Sklodowska-Curie European Fellowship
|Last Date of Application
|September 2024* (Tentative)
Important Note: Interested candidates are advised to check the Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024 date on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for Marie Curie Fellowship 2024
- Candidates have to be hard-core, practising and passionate research enthusiasts.
- Fellowship is open to candidates who have completed their doctoral studies.
- Post his graduation studies, the candidate should have engaged himself in extensive research work, at least for four years from the time of completion of his degree.
- The last condition is applicable if the candidate has been living in a country where his host university is situated. Such candidates should not have performed any research activity for more than 12 months in a span of 3 years of living in that region. The three-year tenure is counted and taken into consideration just immediately before the application deadline dates.
How to Apply for Marie Curie Fellowship?
All applicants should read through and understand the following application protocols to understand how the fellowship process unfolds at various stages.
- Interested candidates visit the official website: ec.europa.eu
- Shift your attention to the Participant Portal – Funding & Tenders. In this section, look for calls inviting proposals, and this would get you funding for your fellowship.
- Individuals and their host universities/ organizations shall apply collaboratively to this fellowship.
- Proposals are peer-reviewed and evaluated by the REA of the European Union [EU]. REA [Research Executive Agency] engages in sorting out all proposals that seem good enough to be taken to the next level of selection.
- Experts from various fields of excellence conduct extensive reviews and hand over evaluation results.
- A list of proposals that have been selected along with the applicants shall be prepared. In the forthcoming phase, talks are established between the applicants and the REA experts. These talks shall conclude in formal agreements between the two parties.
- The next processes involve arranging grants through funds for all the selected parties.
List of Documents Required
The list is indicative and not exhaustive. Candidates may be required to provide more documents as per the needs of evaluation by the fellowship committee.
- Proposal containing research description for the project.
- A document explaining a summary of the proposal.
- CV of the applicant.
- Reference form
- Declaration form from the host supervisor.
- Mark sheets and certificates of graduation/post-graduation.
- Certificates/ documents explaining the research experience.
- Passport copy
- Proof of applicant ID
- Applicant declaration form
- All candidates sending proposals for selection to the Marie Sklodowska Curie fellowship shall be evaluated based on their research experience.
- Rich experience in their specific area of research shall call for a better chance of selection of candidates.
- Based on the selection of the scientific area, candidates will be allotted a suitable ranking. The final list of selected candidates shall be prepared based on the ranking protocols.
- A final list of the table providing details of proposal peer review results along with funding aspects shall be prepared for selected candidates.
Rewards and Benefits
- Fellowship grant amount of 4880 Euros per month
- Mobility allowance of up to 600 Euros
- If the applicant stays with his extended family, an additional family allowance of 500 Euros shall be granted.
- Apart from the above grants offered to the individual applicant, the host institution shall also be served with funds to cover equipment/ research/ laboratory charges.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants shall pay attention to the following terms & conditions as laid down in the official serving documents:
- This fellowship is highly ideal for researchers with rich expertise and experience in their working areas.
- This fellowship is open to candidates from all parts of the world.
- Minimum qualification is a doctoral degree with high experience in research.
- The minimum tenure of research after acquiring a doctoral degree shall be four years.
- Research should be conducted full-time at a university.
- Disciplines for research are not limited. They include diverse areas – physics, health sciences, linguistics, etc.
- Allowance includes the study and stay charges. Some of the benefits offered are – living expenses, travel costs, and family maintenance charges.
- Apart from the basic costs, additional perks are provided to the fellow regarding research and training costs and management and networking costs. This grant is provided to the host institution alone.
- Research proposals shall be submitted in the specified format only.
- All research proposals shall be accompanied by the applicant’s CV.
- The research proposal shall not contain the ideas projected by the applicant alone. It should be a joint document prepared collaboratively with the host institution.