Aaple Sarkar DBT (Direct Benefits Transfer) or MahaDBT – an online portal that offers scholarships to various deserving students across Maharashtra. The difference between this portal and the scholarship portals of other states is the enormous amount of grants offered by various departments across Maharashtra’s state government.
The Maha DBT Portal has ensured the smooth and transparent implementation of this entire scholarship process, bringing in smooth cross-checking, verifying candidate details & information, and crediting the selected candidate with the right scholarship amount. Students who search for “mahadbtmahait” will direct to the MahaDBT portal.
MahaDBT Scholarship 2024
|State Government of Maharashtra
|Students who have passed the 10th examination
|Last Date of Application
|31 January 2024
MahaDBT – Maharashtra Scholarship Schemes Details
The number of MahaDBT scholarships and their entitlement to their respective departments has been tabulated below for easy reference:
|Name of the Department
|No. of Scholarships Offered
|Social Justice and Special Assistance Department
|Department of Tribal Development
|Directorate of Higher Education
|Directorate of Technical Education
|VJNT, OBC, and SBC Welfare Department
|School Education and Sports Department
|Directorate of Medical Education and Research
|Minority Development Department
Candidates are now well versed with the scholarship names and numbers offered by different state government departments of Maharashtra. It’s time we take a detailed look at the benefits and eligibility criteria that each of these scholarships demands to apply for them. Below we have provided a detailed description of each scholarship offered by the departments under the Mahadbt portal.
Social Justice and Special Assistance Scholarships
|Government of India Post-Matric Scholarship
|Post Matric tuition fee and examination fee [Freeship scholarship]
|Maintenance scholarship for students enrolled in professional courses
|Rajarshri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship
|Post-Matric Scholarship for Persons with Disability
Tribal Development Department Scholarships
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
|Tuition fee and exam fee waiver scheme for tribal students
|Vocational Education fee reimbursement scheme
|Vocational Education maintenance allowance for tribal students
Directorate of Higher Education (DHE) Scholarships
|Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulkh Shishyavrutti Scheme
|Assistance to Meritorious Students Scholarship – Junior Level
|Education Concession to the Children of Ex-Servicemen
|State Government Open Merit Scholarship
|Meritorious students scholarship [offered for subject specializations in Maths/Physics]
|Government Vidyaniketan Scholarship
|State Government Daxshina Adhichatra Scholarship
|Government Research Adichatra
|Education Concession to the Children Freedom Fighter
|Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship
|Assistance to Meritorious Students Scholarship – Senior Level
|Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna (DHE)
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Scholarships
|Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Shikshan Shulk Shishyavrutti Scheme
|Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojana
VJNT, OBC & SBC Welfare Department Scholarships
|Post matric scholarship for VJNT students
|Tuition fee and exam fee waiver scheme for VJNT students
|Maintenance allowance for VJNT and SBC students [for students pursuing professional courses and staying in hostels affiliated with their professional college]
|Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit scholarship scheme [for students of 11th and 12th standard, belonging to VJNT and SBC categories only]
|Post matric scholarship for OBC students
|Post matric scholarship for SBC students
|Tuition fee and exam fee waiver scheme for OBC students
|Tuition fee and exam fee waiver scheme for SBC students
School Education and Sports Department Scholarships
|Open Merit Scholarships [Junior college level]
|Merit scholarship [for EBC students]
Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Scholarships
|Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Fee Reimbursement Scheme
|Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Hostel Maintenance Allowance Scheme
Minority Development Department Scholarships
|State Minority Scholarship [Part 2 – DHE]
|Scholarship for Students of Minority Communities Pursuing Higher and Professional Courses (DTE)
|Scholarship for Students of Minority Communities Pursuing Higher and Professional Courses (DMER)
How to Apply for MahaDBT Scholarship 2024?
All students should apply online on the Aaple Sarkar DBT portal for the scholarships. Also, candidates compulsorily should hold an Aadhaar number while applying for this scholarship. The online application forms for the academic session 2022 shall be accepted until the date of 31st January 2024* (applicable for DTE, DHE, and DMER departments only). All candidates must follow the instructions carefully and go through the guidelines before applying for the various schemes. The detailed MahaDBT registration process is given below:
New Registration Process
- Visit the official Maharashtra MahaDBT website – mahadbtmahait.gov.in
- The first section involves ‘NEW USER REGISTRATION.’
- Click on new applicant registration to register yourself on the website.
- Provide a valid Aadhaar number.
- Login into the website and validate your Aadhaar number. (OTP method/biometric method, etc)
- Check whether UIDAI authentication of your Aadhaar number is done.
- IF done successfully, then all your details shall be drawn from the authorities and filled in relevant spaces in the application form. [Personal details/ contact details/bank details etc. will be filled automatically once Aadhaar number gets validated].
- If validation not successful, check for correctness of number and re-try.
Apply for the Scholarship
- Once the profile is created, then
- Visit the dashboard area, where you will find a list of scholarship schemes under Mahadbt.
- Read through the conditions of scholarships and choose the appropriate scheme.
- Fill all the required details in this form again.
- Upload scanned documents of correct size and specification.
- Click on the SUBMIT button.
- Save the submitted application form for future reference.
List of Documents Required
List of documents required to be submitted, along with the application form
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- HSC certificates and SSC certificates
- Aadhaar card
- PAN Card
- Fee Receipt issued by an educational institution
- Bonafide certificate issued by authorities from an educational institution
- Letter indicating CAP allotment
- Hostel certificate
- Domicile certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the scheme of Direct Benefit Transfer?
Answer: The beneficiary account will receive the entire scholarship grant amount without any hassles.
2. Why is Aadhaar card necessary for applying to MahaDBT Scholarship?
Answer: Aadhaar Card ensures transparency in the system of DBT and rules out any case of impersonation. Only the right candidate shall receive the scholarship amount.
3. How to check detailed eligibility of these scholarships on the online portal?
Answer: The online portal contains a student dashboard. The dashboard includes the list of all scholarships and their respective eligibility criteria too.
4. At a later stage, would the application form be available for any modification?
Answer: In case the application form is sent back by the authorities seeking modification of information, then changes can be made.
5. What is the MahaDBT portal, also called as?
Answer: The portal is commonly known as Aaple Sarkar DBT and MAHADBTMAHAIT
6. The registration requires an OTP. Is it valid for a certain time period?
Answer: YES. The OTP is valid only for 30 minutes after it is created.
7. What is the MahaDBT helpdesk number?
Answer: 022-49150800 is the MahaDBT helpline number.