Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) fellowship is a highly coveted and unique opportunity for students pursuing research in law-making, Indian politics, public policy development, Indian bureaucracy, etc. It provides suitable candidates with practical exposure to everyday affairs at the parliament.
This fellowship assigns students to work under a serving MP for the duration starting from the current monsoon session of parliament till the formal budget announcement happens in the country.
The selected fellows get a wonderful opportunity to assist the MP in preparing his zero hour discussion notes, various questions to be presented in front of the sessions, debates, raising concerns on current issues, etc.
Important Note: Interested candidates are advised to check the LAMP Fellowship 2024 date on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for LAMP Fellowship 2024
All candidates who wish to make an online application for applying to this scholarship must go through and qualify for these conditions:
- All Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- All candidates must be less than 25 years old.
- The minimum academic qualification needed is a bachelor’s degree in any stream/course.
How to Apply for LAMP Fellowship?
The application process for applying to the LAMP fellowship shall be open in the online portal only during the stipulated time announced. After the deadline is crossed, applications shall not be accessible to candidates. The application process is explained in detail below:
- All applicants have to follow the ONLINE MODE of application only.
- The reason/intention behind the candidate’s application is very important in selecting candidates for this fellowship. So, a letter of intent needs to be presented.
- Essays on two different topics should be written within 500 words each.
All applications shall be subject to a tough scrutinising process, following which they would be accepted/ rejected. In this section, we throw some light on the selection process:
- The applications of candidates act as the first metric of selection.
- After experts choose selective applications, a recommended panel shall review the essays they submit.
- Students who are successful in this round, too, shall move to the last round, the personal interview.
- Later, shortlisted candidates shall be informed.
LAMP Fellowship Stipend
The LAMP fellowship awards suitable rewards to selected candidates; they are as follows:
- A monthly stipend of INR 20,000
- The MP under whom the fellow is assigned for work shall make arrangements for office space and other necessary set-up/infrastructure requirements.
Terms and Conditions
- All LAMP fellows shall be assigned professional duties under an MP for a period of almost 11 months. This period cannot be further extended.
- The fellowship tenure includes a various study and field trips across various constituencies of the country.
- Participation in workshops, seminars, discussions, presentations and debates are part of the LAMP fellowship offered.
- This fellowship is open to graduates of any stream.
- Every LAMP fellow is bound to have different experience compared to his peers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I pursue a certificate course while engaging myself as a LAMP fellow?
Answer: No. Any additional engagements of the candidate like a continuation of studies or professional change of job etc. shall not be accepted.
2. Is the LAMP fellowship equivalent to an internship?
Answer: No. Internship is quite different. LAMP fellowship expects select candidates to work for full time with the MP.
3. Who will conduct the personal interview of shortlisted candidates?
Answer: PRS Legislative Research shall conduct the interview of shortlisted candidates.
4. What are the important points to be noted for an essay?
Answer: The essay should be clean, crisp and easily understandable. It should have a word limit of 500 words and be supported by detailed legal points.
For further doubts, reach out to PRS Legislative Research at the following details:
Address: PRS Legislative Research, Institute for Policy Research Studies, 3rd Floor, Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, 212, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg. New Delhi – 110002
Helpline Number: +91 11 43434035
E-mail: [email protected]