The full form of KPSC is Karnataka Public Service Commission. KPSC conducts state civil services exam for group cadres A, B and C vacancies to recruit for various posts such as Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner, Assistant Labour Commissioner, Tehsildar Grade II, Commercial Tax Officer, Assistant Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent of Excise, Assistant Director and Labour Officer.
This article gives detailed information about KPSC KAS 2024 notification, including exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application form process, admit card, recruitment, result, and more.
|Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS)
|Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
|Offline (Pen & Paper)
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the KPSC KAS 2024 Exam date on the official commission website
Eligibility Criteria for KPSC KAS Exam 2024
The following section describes the detailed Karnataka KAS Exam 2024 eligibility criteria conditions.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Candidates have to compulsorily be residents of Karnataka state only.
- Education Qualification: Candidate must have completed Graduation or Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university of India. All qualifications that are equivalent to a three year bachelor’s degree from a recognised Indian university are also eligible.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidates should be between 21 years to 35 years. Different categories have different age limit according to the stipulations laid down by the commission.
- General Merit students: Upper age limit is 33 years.
- OBC category: Upper age limit is 35 years.
- SC/ST category: Upper age limit is 38 years.
- Age Relaxation: SC/ST categories enjoy age relaxation in upper limit up to 5 years. For Persons with Disabilities and Widows, the age relaxation in upper limit has been extended up to 10 years.
- Number of Attempts: The number of attempts for various categories laid down by the commission is given below:
- General Merit candidates enjoy a maximum of 5 attempts.
- OBC candidates enjoy a maximum of 7 attempts.
- SC/ST candidates enjoy an Unlimited number of attempts
KPSC KAS 2024 Application Form
The KPSC 2024 application form can be sent only in the ONLINE mode. The commission shall not entertain any other modes of application submission. Please read all instructions in the official notification before making entries in the application form.
- Visit the official website – kpsc.kar.nic.in
- All new applicants have to first register themselves on the website.
- After registration, candidates will receive login ID and password.
- With the newly created login details, enter the homepage of the website and go to the application form section on the left-hand side of the portal.
- Enter all details correctly in the application form without making any mistakes.
- Verify for the correctness of entered data.
- Scan all the requisite documents and upload them in the required section.
- Scan the candidate’s photograph and signature. Upload them in the spaces requested.
- Pay the application fee.
- Verify all details again and submit your application form.
- After successful submission, candidates receive an acknowledgement.
- Download the acknowledgement and preserve it for future reference.
Candidates can pay the requisite fees in both ONLINE and OFFLINE modes. Candidates may use internet banking facilities or pay through credit/ debit card in the ONLINE mode. In OFFLINE mode, download the fee payment challan from the official website. Enter details in the challan and make payment at any recognised SBI bank branch.
Obtain acknowledgement/ fee receipt for the fee payment from the bank. Enter the fee receipt number in the online application form. The requisite application fees to be remitted along with the application form have been explained below in detail:
|Candidates belonging to General Merit
|Physically challenged candidates and female applicants
KPSC KAS 2024 Exam Pattern
Karnataka Civil Services is conducted in three stages of examination, namely, the Preliminary, Mains, and Personal Interview rounds. Below, we have provided the KAS Exam Pattern 2024 for Prelims, Mains and Interviews in detail.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- KAS Preliminary Exam consists of two papers (General Studies & Optional Subject) of Objective type.
- The language of the question paper will be English and Kannada (candidate can choose both of them).
- Each paper will be for 2 hours duration.
Mains Exam Pattern
- All candidates who obtain the minimum cut off marks in the preliminary round will receive a call to attend the Mains exam.
- The mains exam is entirely descriptive in nature, no objective-based questions.
- There are 9 papers to attempt, and all are compulsory. (2 Qualifying papers, 4 General papers and 2 Optional papers.)
- The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
- Total marks of KAS Mains exam is 1750 marks.
|Paper-III & IV
|Paper-V, VI, VII & VIII
|2 Optional Subject. Each subject will have two papers.
- Personal interview round would be conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- The combined marks of the Mains exam + Interview round shall determine the final scores of the candidate.
KPSC KAS 2024 Syllabus
Paper I – General Studies
- Indian history with more importance to the freedom struggle movement.
- World Geography and Indian geography
- Indian political system and civil administration hierarchy.
- Social and economic development measures of Indian government.
- Indian relations with neighbouring countries and international trade relations.
- Indian economy and monetary values.
Paper II – General Aptitude
- General awareness topics related to Karnataka administration.
- Questions pertaining to general mental ability.
- Mathematical problems and numerical.
- Logical reasoning and interpretation.
- Analytical reasoning and general thinking.
- Data interpretation skills.
- Data sufficiency problems.
Paper I – General Kannada [Qualifying Paper]
- General history and usage of Kannada language.
- Questions related to word formations.
- Definitions and critical descriptions as part of Kannada literature.
- Kannada vocabulary and grammar.
- Essay writing.
- Translation questions.
Paper II – General English [Qualifying Paper]
- English comprehension
- English grammar, language usage in different scenarios.
- Parts of speech.
- Precise and paragraph writing.
- English short essay writing.
- Sentence completion questions.
- Proverbs and Phrases.
Paper III – General Essay Paper
- Total of two essays in full description need to be attempted by the candidate.
- Candidate has a choice of language here. Essays can either be written in English or Kannada language.
- Each essay question carries a maximum of 150 marks, so total marks for essay round are 300 marks.
Paper IV – General Studies-I
- Indian history with focus on ancient civilizations that thrived during the medieval period.
- Cultural Background of India – art, poetry, literature, song and dance cultures.
- Latest trends in science and technology developments of the country.
- Indian secularism with celebrations of religious festivals and customs in the country.
- Indian freedom struggle movement.
Paper V – General Studies-II
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian political system and public administration concepts.
- Panchayat Raj system.
- Reforms in Indian bureaucracy and social framework of the country.
- Civil administration and ethics and values of government services.
Paper VI – General Studies-III
- Basic concepts of Science
- The rise and emergence of IT field in Indian software sector.
- Space science
- Distribution of minerals and energy sources in the country.
- Availability and natural resource distribution.
- Disaster and calamities and management by government.
- Village and rural empowerment.
Paper VII – General Studies-IV
- Core human values and ethics laid down in constitution.
- Public resource dissemination and public funds utilization.
- Human integrity, core values and compassion ethics.
- Work code expected of civil servants in our society.
- General aptitude and emotional IQ.
- Case studies on different impending issues.
The personal interview round does not have a fixed syllabus, and it entirely depends on the aspiring candidate’s presentation, aptitude and intelligence. However, some of the key points to be noted here are:
- The academic record of the candidate shall be considered for questioning. The choice of career, the list of training enrolled, and the reason for choosing the particular degree shall be discussed.
- Officer-level skills would be assessed for a role as a civil servant.
- Other factors based on the grasping ability of the candidate, interpersonal and communication skills, observation and judgement skills would be worked out.
- Group discussion rounds are crucial for every candidate, and his decision-making abilities will be tested.
- Leadership abilities, logical aptitude, argument clarity, and a thorough knowledge of local and national current affairs are very helpful.
KPSC KAS 2024 Admit Card
All candidates appearing for the Karnataka Civil Service Exam 2024 should compulsorily carry admit cards for verification. Without the admit card document, candidates cannot take the exam. The admit card is an essential document that contains all the important candidate information like name, registration number, address, contact details, exam venue, location, exam center address, timings, and dates.
- Visit the official website – kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Check for the link to download the KPSC KAS exam admit card.
- You will be guided to another screen where a list of exams would be provided, select the appropriate exam link and click on it.
- Enter your application number of registration number along with the date of birth details.
- Check if any other details are needed.
- Upon validation of data, the admit card shall be displayed.
- Check for correctness of data in the admit card.
- Download the admit card and preserve a hard copy to be taken to the exam hall.
KPSC KAS 2024 Answer Key
The official answer keys contain responses to all questions asked in the KPSC KAS Exam 2024. They offer an approximate estimation of the candidate’s score based on the level of attempt compared to the answer keys.
A few days before the actual result publication, candidates can find the answer keys in PDF format on the official website. Provisional answer keys are initially released, and candidates can raise objections with supporting evidence. After resolving discrepancies, the final answer keys will be published on the official website.
KPSC KAS 2024 Result
Candidates can look out on the official website from time to time for updates on the result announcement. Results will be announced on the official website after every round of the Karnataka Civil Services Exam.
- Visit the official website – kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Click on ‘What’s New’ section of the homepage and check for result announcement.
- If results are announced, click on the link that provides the result sheet.
- You may need to key in details like application ID/ reference number and date of birth.
- Enter any Captcha code if given.
- Submit all details.
- Upon validation of details, result sheet will be displayed.
- Download/ save/ take a hard copy print out of the mark sheet displayed.
KPSC KAS 2024 Cut Off
KPSC announces the cut-off marks right after the display of results on the official website. They are the minimum qualifying marks a candidate must obtain to seek entry into the next round of admission. Different categories have a different range of cut-off marks. The cut-off marks are not standard standalone marks; they vary every year.
KPSC KAS Cut-off marks are dependent on a number of factors like the number of applicants, number of candidates attempting the exam, number of vacant positions, toughness of the examination, etc. Karnataka Public Service Commission decides the cut-off marks for each year exclusively.
KPSC KAS Exam Centers