Kalpana Chawla, the name itself, carries a lot of inspiration to many, especially young girls who believe in dreaming big and working towards making them come true! The Kalpana Chawla Scholarship Scheme, also popularly known as Kalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana, is offered by the Himachal Pradesh government to meritorious girls who have completed their class 12th and aspire to do further studies to achieve their dreams.
The Board of school education offers a list of deserving students to be considered for the scholarship. This article gives detailed information about Kalpana Chawla Scholarship 2024, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal, rewards, and more.
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship 2024
|Government of Himachal Pradesh
|Kalpana Chawla Scholarship
|INR 15000 (Max)
Eligibility for Kalpana Chawla Scholarship
- Female candidates who are domiciled in Himachal Pradesh may apply.
- Other state candidates are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have cleared their class 12 exams with good merit scores from the Himachal Pradesh board of school education only.
- There is no restriction on the branch of study. A candidate could be from the arts/ science or commerce streams.
- Further, the candidate needs to be pursuing a further degree course in professional/ technical or normal courses in government or government aided or private institutions recognized by the board of Himachal Pradesh.
How to Apply for Kalpana Chawla Scholarship?
All eligible candidates whose names have been published by the education board as deserving candidates. If they wish to apply for this scholarship, they shall follow the detailed application form procedure to apply.
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- New candidates aspiring for the scholarship need to register themselves first.
- Before stepping on to register, carefully read the instructions and guidelines list.
- After registration, your login details are created.
- For verification purposes, candidates shall receive an OTP on their mobile number.
- Use the login ID and password for all future references.
- Log into the website again and directly go to the application section.
- Select the basic details such as scholarship type, category, name, age, date of birth, the domicile of a candidate, contact details, etc.
- Candidates also need to furnish their bank account details.
- Next, candidates need to provide their details towards self-identification, etc.
- Furthermore, upload required documents in the appropriate section.
- After validation of all details entered, submit the application form.
List of Documents Required
The most important documents required to be submitted along with the online application include the following:
- Recent passport size photo
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Candidate’s fee receipts obtained from a respective educational institution
- Candidate’s bank account details [ Latest bank statement/ passbook]
- Bonafide certificate from the educational institution where a candidate is studying
- Mark sheets and certificate of the qualifying exam
- Mark sheets of the last exam passed.
- Print copy of online submitted application form.
Rewards & Benefits
Suitable candidates whose applications get selected for this scholarship shall receive lucrative benefits from the HP government as financial aid towards their higher education. INR 15,000 as a financial grant shall be provided to the top 2000 girls with outstanding marks and merit achievements. Candidates have the opportunity to renew this scholarship grant till the completion of their course, provided they cater to certain important conditions.
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship Selection Process
The Kalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana follows a two-phase selection process for meritorious candidates who have applied for scholarships.
- The first phase involves an OSE or Online Scholarship Exam. Candidates who successfully clear the first round shall move to the following selection rounds.
- A personal interview could be conducted for successful candidates in the second round.
How to Renew Kalpana Chawla Scholarship?
Candidates have to abide by these rules and regulations to be eligible for renewal of their scholarships:
- Candidates have to maintain consistent academic and attendance records every year till the completion of their course to be eligible for renewal.
- Candidates are recommended for scholarships based on the report submitted by the education board of Himachal Pradesh.
Step-wise Renewal Process
- Log into NSP with registered candidate credentials.
- Enter the renewal application section.
- Enter important data requested in the renewal application.
- Upload documents, if any.
- Submit the renewal application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is offering the Kalpana Chawla Scholarship Scheme?
Answer: The government of Himachal Pradesh is offering the Kalpana Chawla scholarship scheme.
2. I am doing my graduation in B.Sc from a correspondence college. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Answer: No. Candidates who have taken admission into regular courses after their class 12 only are eligible to apply. Distance and online courses not applicable.
3. What is the scholarship amount?
Answer: INR 15,000 per annum is the scholarship amount provided for selected girl candidates.
4. What is the bank details required for applying to Kalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana?
Answer: Bank account number, name of the account holder, branch name and address, IFSC code are the minimal bank details required.
5. I have made wrong entries in the form I submitted; can I submit another application in the same year?
Answer: Candidates have to be careful while entering details as no modifications can be done once the form is submitted. Also, multiple application submissions towards a single candidate shall be out rightly rejected.
E-mail: [email protected]
Helpline Number: 0120- 6619540
Address: M. S. Negi, J T Director, Higher Education/ Government Officer Scholarship, Government of Himachal Pradesh.