Importance of Trees Essay: Trees inhale carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen. They are the essential life-supporting systems on Earth for all life forms to survive. Trees are homes for a lot of birds, animals and insects. Trees produce food through photosynthesis and contribute richly to the entire ecosystem. They produce fruits, medicinal products, wood, paper and most importantly, fresh air to breathe. We should plant more trees for a greener future.
Essay on Importance of Trees 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Importance of Trees Essay in English, suitable for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Trees are the lungs of the earth. They are like our best friends. Plants and trees play a vital role in the existence of all living organisms on this planet. The sustenance of life depends on them. They are undoubtedly valuable to us because they provide us with the basic life essentials: oxygen and food. During the photosynthesis process, trees convert carbon dioxide into oxygen, which is the life source for both humans and animals. The photosynthesis process helps maintain a suitable balance of different gases in the atmosphere.
They provide us with shelter in bad weather conditions. They are a haven for millions of species. Despite being benefited from them in a variety of ways, we seek our desires and uproot them. Industrialization and urbanization have paved their way into our lives by destroying so many habitats. Pollution has caused disastrous effects. This is a threat not only to our society but also to the survival of our ecosystem on the earth. Birds and wild animals get endangered as an outcome. Thousands of species are already extinct.
The question that we should ask ourselves is- Do they deserve this? The importance of trees must not be overlooked. Deforestation must be prevented at all costs. Tree plantation is the need of the day. Many non-profit organizations, along with the government, have already taken steps to fight this cause. We should do our best to ensure we live in a healthier environment.
Benefits of Trees
Trees come with a lot of direct and indirect benefits. Some of the major fields have been covered below.
- Trees cater to our consumption needs and provide us with fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc. All parts of plants and trees are edible. You can eat the leaf, stem, flowers, and even the roots.
- We all know we breathe in oxygen. This oxygen, which is essential for our survival, comes from the trees. Trees give us a clean environment to live in. They act as filters and provide us with fresh air devoid of any pollutant.
- Trees intake of carbon dioxide present in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide is one of the greenhouse gases which are responsible for global warming. Global warming is caused when the released greenhouse gases form a layer in the atmosphere and trap heat from the sun. The atmospheric temperature thus increases enormously. Planting trees can help reverse this effect and prevent excessive climatic changes.
- Trees contribute to the evaporation process and maintain the earth’s hydrological cycle. Moreover, they also receive and hold the rainwater in the land. During floods, they act as watersheds and slowly release them into the underground water basins. This is how they maintain the water table and thus provide us with clean drinking water.
- The roots of the trees bind the soil and prevent soil erosion. During the rainy season, the topsoil is always at a risk of being washed away. Trees play a key role in holding the topsoil from eroding away and thus prevent landslides.
- Farmers sustain their income by cultivating trees and selling their products. Timber from the woods helps us with our furniture. Paper can be processed from woods. Different kinds of weedicide, fungicides, and pesticides can be made out of neem trees. Besides these things, trees also provide us with gum, rubber, resin, etc. Fruits and medicines produced are exported to foreign countries. This helps in the overall economic growth.
- Plantation of a tree has some spiritual and religious significance to it. In many areas of the world, trees are considered to be sacred. Many tribes worship them. Planting trees in such neighbourhoods will bring positivity to the local inhabitants.
Cutting down trees for our lavish desires is not appropriate. By doing so, we are risking our own lives. Trees are extremely important in our lives, and we must protect them. We can devise plans to emphasize their importance. Schools, colleges, and workplaces have incorporated the act of planting more and more trees. This is such a great initiative. Mass awareness and motivation to save trees is required. The government is trying to implement changes to sensitize people about climatic and environmental changes.