The full form of HPPSC is Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission. HPPSC conducts the Combined Civil Services Examination to recruit for various vacancies in the state administrative positions of the state of Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the vaccines are Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service, Himachal Pradesh Police Service, District Controller, Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Officer, Tehsildar and Block Development Officers. Candidates desirous of applying for the exam should check the official website for timely updates and apply within the deadline to attend the examination.
This article gives detailed information about the HPPSC 2024 notification, including exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, recruitment, answer key, result and more.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check the HPAS 2024 Exam Date on the official website of the commission.
Eligibility Criteria for HPAS Exam
Candidates have to fulfil certain criteria to attempt the exam. All candidates should go through the eligibility criteria in detail and see that they qualify for the minimum conditions in the official notification.
Candidates must qualify for the minimum requirements prescribed by the commission to be deemed disqualified with further notice. Disqualification of candidates failing to heed minimum eligibility conditions can occur at any level of the process.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates have to possess a minimum Bachelor’s degree of three years recognized by the government of India, or an equivalent qualification, to be able to apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years. Candidate should not be older than 35 years, as on the 1st January of the year of giving the exam.
- Age Relaxation:
- SC/ST candidates – 5 years in upper age limit
- OBC Candidates and persons with disabilities – 5 years in upper age limit
- Ex-servicemen- 5 years in upper age limit
How to Apply for HPAS Exam?
All Candidates must apply to the Himachal Pradesh Civil Services Exam in the ONLINE mode only. The commission shall accept no other mode of application. Below, we have provided step with a step-by-step application process to apply for HPPSC HPAS 2024.
- Visit the official website – hppsc.hp.gov.in
- Candidates need to find the ‘Online Application Filing System.’
- Register and Create a valid login id and password.
- Enter the tab to apply for HPPSC 2024.
- Enter all valid and verifiable details in the application form.
- Enter all compulsory and related information on the form.
- Upload photograph and signature along with the form.
- Submit the form after verifying details entered.
- Receive reference id and acknowledgement.
- Save a copy/ take a print of the submitted application form.
The application fee can be remitted in two ways, in ONLINE mode via direct net banking facilities/credit card/ debit card usage. In OFFLINE mode, by remitting requisite cash in SBI Branch and later entering challan number into ONLINE Application form. Fee may vary from candidate to candidate and also based on the category that he belongs to. Here is the indicative list provided below:
- General Category – INR 400
- SC/ST/OBC – INR 100
- Persons with Disabilities – INR 100
- Below Poverty line candidates – INR 100
- Ex-servicemen – Nil
HPAS Exam Pattern
HPAS 2024 Exam consists of three rounds, i.e. Prelims, Mains, and the Interview round. Below, we have provided the HPPSC Exam Pattern in detail.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Prelims Exam consists of two papers (General Studies & Aptitude)
- Both papers are Objective Type papers based on Multiple-Choice questions.
- Negative marking is applicable for choosing wrong answers.
|Questions & Marks
|100 Questions & 200 Marks
|100 Questions & 200 Marks
Mains Exam Pattern
- Only those candidates who qualify in the Prelims round will be allowed to attempt the Mains exam.
- There are a total of 8 papers in the mains round of the exam. Total marks is 900.
- Each paper will be carried out for three hours each.
- The marks obtained in the mains exam shall be considered for the final tallying of marks.
|General Studies – I
|General Studies – II
|General Studies – III
|Optional Subject – Paper I
|Optional Subject – Paper II
- The personal interview round is of 150 marks
- The total marks calculated by taking the mains paper plus the interview round shall be the total marks for preparing the rank list.
HPAS Exam Syllabus
All candidates must study and understand the complete syllabus before applying for the exam. Below, we have provided the HPPSC 2024 Syllabus in detail.
- History, geography, and politics
- Art, language, and culture of Himachal Pradesh
- Socio-economic development of Himachal Pradesh
- Panchayat Raj
- Public policy making
- Poverty alleviation and social sector development.’
- Environment, ecology and biodiversity, etc
- Communication and vocabulary
- Analytical skills
- Logical and analytical reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Data sufficiency questions
- General mental ability
- Problems on charts and graphs, etc
- Candidates will be given a choice of topics to select from.
- They are expected to respect the word count specified in the paper.
- Essay can be written in Hindi/English language
- Candidates are required to relate to the central theme in connection with the topic.
General English Paper
- Basic understanding of English language
- Word usage skills
- Reasoning type of questions
- Ability to compare between different parameters
- Passage reading
- Precise writing
General Hindi Paper
- Concise writing in Hindi ( Devanagari script)
- Translation from English to Hindi
- Explanation questions
- Questions in both prose and poetry
- Sentence corrections
- Current affairs
- General knowledge
- Current events of local, national and international importance
- History of India
- Freedom struggle and Indian national movement
- Gandhian studies
- Geography of India
- Indian cultural trends over the previous years
- International relations and policy making
- Indian economy
- Environmental studies
- Ecology and conservation of forests, land development, and wildlife
- Fairs in Himachal Pradesh
- Important freedom fighters of Himachal Pradesh
- Constitution of India
- Indian administration
- Indian polity and governance
- Fiscal allocations and budgeting
- Five year plans
- Policies and implementations, etc
- Sports and IT development.
- A panel of interviewers will question candidates on various topics related to the choice of his subjects.
- Based on subject knowledge and current events, candidates will be screened.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and group discussion skills also matter.
- Ability to manage things at the level of civil service officers shall also be a parameter to assess the candidates’ suitability to the services.
HPPSC 2024 Admit Card
Usually, the admit card will be made available around ten days before the commencement of the prelim examination. The admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam hall without fail. Candidates who fail to show their admit card at the time of examination shall not be allowed to take it.
The admit card carries all essential details of the candidate and other details like exam venue and timings. Candidates are advised to keep a duplicate copy for safety. Also, the admit card must be accompanied by a valid document that gives proof of the candidate’s ID. Below, we have provided a step-by-step process to download the HPAS 2024 Admit Card.
- Login into the official website – hppsc.hp.gov.in
- Now, you will get the link ‘download admit card’, and you should click on the link.
- In this window, enter valid registration number, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- Upon successful validation, the admit card will be displayed.
- Download the admit card.
HPPSC 2024 Cut off
- The cut off marks in the prelims examination is twenty times the number of post available to be filled in by the commission. Cut off marks for the mains shall also be decided by the commission, and the same shall be notified on the official website after the declaration of results.
- Every year the cut off marks shall be subject to change. It depends on a number of factors and shall be finally decided at the discretion of the commission.
HPPSC 2024 Result
Results will be announced after every round of the examination, i.e. (Prelims, Mains & Interview). The mains and the interview decide the final ranking. The final order of the ranking list shall be prepared based on the preferences quoted by the applicant at the time of making the application. The allocation of posts depends upon these criteria. Below we have provided step by step process to check HPPSC Result 2022
- Login into the official website – hppsc.hp.gov.in
- Now click the ‘result’ link from the home page
- In the new window, enter registration details, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- Results shall be displayed.
- Check for any discrepancies.
- Download/print the mark sheet.
How to Prepare for HPAS Exam?
- Read the syllabus thoroughly
- Refer to standard sources of textbooks for studies
- Refer to newspapers and magazines to be updated about current affairs
- Solve previous year’s question papers
- Collect comprehensive information and data about Himachal Pradesh state
- Allot equal time for the preparation of various sets of papers.
- Distribute more time to general studies paper as it forms the bulk of the syllabus
- Practice good essay-writing techniques
- Time management is important to cover each section and each topic correctly and in detail.
Books for HPPSC Preparation
- The Wonderland Himachal by Jag Mohan Bhalokhra
- NCERT Textbooks from 6th standard to 12th standard
- From Plessey to Partition: History of Modern India
- Indian Art and Culture: Nitin Singhania
- Facets of Indian culture by Spectrum series
- IGNOU Study material on Indian Heritage
- Introduction to Indian constitution by D Basu
- Yojana and Kurukshetra magazines