Essay on Sports: Sports keep us healthy, fit, and active and provide a proper physique to the body. Sports involve a lot of physical activities and therefore avoid obesity and weight problems. Playing sports increases resistance against diseases, improves heart health, and maintains the quality of bones. They help to build self-confidence, team spirit and sportsmanship in individuals. It expands the social life of persons. It teaches us to accept both success and failure as part of the game.
Essay on Sports 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Sports Essay in English, suitable for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
In this advance technology, people have forgotten about the real world and are too busy in the virtual reality. People post on Facebook, update the status, always stay busy in chatting and are too lazy to do any physical exercise. They have so much workload, and their life has become full of problems, tension, and concerns. However, there is something which makes them free from all these things, and it is none other than sports.
Sports are a necessary part of life, which helps us to stay healthy, energetic, keeps our body fit and flexible. It includes doing physical activities so no person can stay lazy, and a new freshness comes into our body. It also fills us with courage and self-confidence and gives enthusiasm and motivation to fight from several problems of life.
Types of Sports
- Combat Sports: This type of sport is played between the two competitors. Both of them have to beat each other to win the game. There are some set of rules, which they have to follow. It often takes place in some kind of ring. Few examples of combat sports are boxing, karate, wrestling, etc.
- Extreme Risk Sports: In this type of sport, more excitement is involved according to the level of danger. In extreme risk sports possibility of injury and death are also there. Some examples of extreme risk sports are cliff diving, bicycle riding with tricks, skateboarding, skydiving, etc.
- Water Sports: These are the type of sports played in the water. They are harder than those played on land because water provides resistance. Some examples of water-based sports are swimming, surfing, rafting, water skiing, etc.
- Ball Based Sports: Most sports are played with the ball. They can be individual or team based. Some sports, which are played with the ball, are basketball, football, tennis, hockey, cricket, rugby, golf etc.
- Motorsports: These sports involve motorcycles, motorbikes and other kinds of vehicles. They also involve high chances of an accident. Some examples of motorsports are race car driving, motorbike racing, etc.
Benefits of Sports
Sports are an essential part of our life that has both physical and physiological benefits. It increases the ability of the brain to store and process information plus it helps us to stay healthy and fit. The benefits of sports are limitless. Some of them are discussed below:
Sports are heavily connected to health. While playing sports, a lot of exercise of the bone and muscles are done that makes them strong and healthy. Exercise also helps to burn calories, reducing the chances of unhealthy fat. Sports also improves the performance of Heart muscle, increases its power and reduces the risk of heart diseases. They help us to fight against any sort of disease. Sports increase self-confidence in a person. Every victory and handshake after winning increases self-confidence. Encouragement and praise from parents make us feel happy.
Teamwork is a major part of several sports. You have to work together with other team members to win. People with teamwork skills achieve their objectives very easily. Often those employees are hired who can work together with others to achieve a common goal. Sports highly improve teamwork skills. Sports offers a platform where you can handle responsibilities. A leader with good leadership skills always achieves his goals in life. Many top companies require someone with good leadership skills.
Sports help in bringing people together and make many friends. It offers a chance for a person to interact with new people and also offers an opportunity to go to foreign countries where you can learn about their culture and their languages. This ability to interact with anyone makes it easy for a person to live happily. The key to success in sports is discipline. In sports, a person has to follow some set of rules and obey guidelines of their coach this lead to the development of discipline within them.
There is nothing as good as doing what you are interested in. Many people are good at sports, and they make a career in sports. If a person is good in sports, he can become a top athlete and post that can become a coach and train other sportspersons. Regular exercise improves our energy levels. They increase the performance of the body. By doing exercises, the lungs can absorb more oxygen into the body and generate more energy. Sportspersons are active throughout the day without getting tired. They can perform tasks quicker and with good accuracy.