The full form of CGPSC is Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission. CGPSC has released the official notification for the state civil services exam 2024. All candidates who wish to apply for the service shall immediately check the eligibility conditions and apply on the official website before the deadline.
This article gives detailed information about CGPSC 2024 notification, including exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check CGPSC 2024 Exam date on the official website of the commission.
Eligibility Criteria for CGPSC Exam
Candidates must check CGPSC 2024 Eligibility Criteria before filling up an application form.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Interstate candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have attained graduation from a recognized university of India. Also, candidates who have passed a minimum bachelor’s degree of three years are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidate must be a minimum age of 21 years; the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- Age Relaxation: For candidates whose, DOMICILE or place of stay is Chhattisgarh can claim age relaxation. Such candidates can claim age relaxation of up to 5 years in the upper age limit.
- Number of Attempts: There is ‘No’ specification for a number of attempts a candidate can make, provided they follow the age bracket correctly.
CGPSC 2024 Application Form
Candidates willing to apply for CGPSC 2024 shall make an ONLINE application by clicking on the relevant link on the website. Only ONLINE applications sent from the website shall be considered. No other mode of submitting the application form shall be entertained. Follow these guidelines to make an online submission of the application:
- Visit the CGPSC official website – psc.cg.gov.in
- Register yourself with valid Id details.
- Login with the registered Id.
- Click on the link that helps candidates make ONLINE application submission.
- Check all details to be entered in the application.
- Enter all relevant and verifiable details.
- Upload photograph and scanned signature in the relevant sections of the application.
- Cross check and verify all the details.
- Submit the application.
- Make note of the reference id received with the acknowledgement received for application submission.
The CGPSC 2024 application fee can be paid either ONLINE or OFFLINE. They can pay online through net banking, debit cards, or credit cards. In the offline mode, they can remit the fee in cash at any designated SBI branch and obtain a challan. Later, the same Challan number can be entered into the application form. The fee details vary for every category.
The fee may vary from year to year based on the discretion of the Chhattisgarh State Commission. Fees, once paid to the commission, are nonrefundable under any circumstances. Below are the fees are given for the various categories:
- General categories – INR 400
- SC/ST Candidates of Chhattisgarh state – INR 300
- OBC and persons with disabilities of Chhattisgarh state – INR 300.
CGPSC Exam Pattern
The CGPSC 2024 follows the three-tier exam pattern consisting of the Prelims, Mains, and Interview round.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- CGPSC Prelims exam consists of two papers.
- Paper -I is the General Studies, and Paper-II is the General Aptitude.
- Both papers are objective types with multiple-choice questions.
- Each paper carries 200 marks and are conducted for two hours each.
Mains Exam Pattern
The mains exam is descriptive in nature and consists of 7 papers. All papers are compulsory to attempt. Total marks for Mains is 1400.
|History, Constitution and Public Administration
|Science, Technology and Environment
|Economics and Geography
|Mathematics and Logical Ability
|Philosophy and Sociology
- The interview is conducted for 150 marks.
- It is conducted to test the candidate’s mental ability to solve problems, decision-making ability, subject area understanding, choice of specialization at graduation level, etc.
- Leadership, intellectual ability of the candidate, plus interpersonal skills of the candidate are also tested in this round.
Candidates should have a good and thorough understanding of the syllabus to fetch good marks in the exam. Below, we have provided the CGPSC 2024 Syllabus in detail.
- Paper I: Consists of two parts, Part-I and Part-II. Part-I mostly deals with the basic understanding of subjects like history, geography, economics, general science, etc. Part-II deals with the current affairs and general knowledge aspects of Chhattisgarh state alone.
- Paper II: Analytical and logical reasoning, Maths problems, Numerical problems based on data interpretation, Comprehension and related questions.
- Paper I: Language
- Questions can be framed about the local languages of Chhattisgarh
- Also about general English usage
- Questions on Sanskrit language and Hindi language
- Paper II: Essay
- Candidates shall be expected to write two essays from the given list of topics.
- Paper III: General Studies-I
- History of India and Chhattisgarh in particular
- Indian national movement
- Constitution of India
- Public administration concepts and understanding
- Paper IV: General Studies-II
- Questions on the growth of science and technology
- Elementary science knowledge
- Basic understanding of general science
- Environmental studies
- Paper V: General Studies-III
- Geography of India
- Geographical demographics of Chhattisgarh in particular
- Economics and the planning commission
- Agriculture, natural resources of India
- Mineral and wildlife distribution etc
- Paper VI: General Studies-IV
- Binary system
- Coordinate geometry
- Reasoning in numerical
- Data analysis
- Algorithms in Maths
- Paper VII: General Studies-V
- Art and cultural inclination of Chhattisgarh
- Sociology aspects of the state
- Languages of Chhattisgarh
CGPSC 2024 Admit Card
Almost ten days before the actual commencement of the exam, the admit card shall be made available for download on the official website. This is because candidates can report any discrepancies in their admit cards with the commission in the time present before the exam.
The admit card is an essential document that should be carried to the examination hall without fail. Any candidate who fails to bring the admit card to the examination hall shall not be allowed to sit for the exam. The step-by-step process to download the CGPSC Admit Card 2024 is given below.
- Visit the official website and login with the correct details.
- Check if the download link for the admit card has been activated.
- If yes, then enter a valid registration number, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Download/ take a print copy of the admit card.
CGPSC 2024 Cut off
The commission specifies the CGPSC cut-off marks for the prelims and mains on the official website soon after the results are declared. The interview round doesn’t demand a cut-off percentage as the eminent panel of interviewers decides it.
The cut-off marks decided by the commission rests on the following factors: number of vacant positions quoted for the year, number of applicants, number of applicants who cleared the round, difficulty aspects of the paper, etc.
How to Check CGPSC Result?
The CGPSC 2024 result can be downloaded from the official website after each round of examination. Along with the result, the commission usually displays the answer key and the cut-off marks for the convenience of the applied candidates. Steps to follow to check the Chhattisgarh Civil Service Results are as follows:
- Login on the official website – psc.cg.gov.in
- Go to the results section.
- Click on the appropriate link for checking the result of the concerned exam.
- Enter registration id and date of birth.
- The results shall be displayed.
- Download/ save/ print mark sheet.
How to Prepare for CGPSC Exam?
- Begin preparation as early as five months before the actual commencement of the exam. Prelims and mains preparation should go hand in hand.
- Prepare well for current affairs as it covers the majority of the portion. Refer to the internet and other good sources for general knowledge and current affairs.
- Develop a proper study timetable with specified time schedules and follow them. Solve CGPSC’s previous year’s question paper.
- Self-evaluation or analyzing where one is doing right and going wrong helps the candidate in the long term.
- Maintain a positive attitude and attempt the exam with much confidence.
Books for CGPSC Preparation
- World History by Norman Lowe
- Concise History of Modern India by Sujata Menon
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Constitution of India by PM Bakshi
- Study materials available from NIOS resources.
- Newspapers like Hindu and one local newspaper.
- NCERT Textbooks from class 6th to 12th