The state government issues a ration card as a valid document, and the same can be utilized as proof of nationality by the cardholders. Ration cards also provide information about the card holder’s economic status. In essence, ration card helps buyers to procure essential food grains at subsidized rates.
How to Check Bihar Ration Card List 2022
To check information about Bihar Ration Cards 2022, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the ‘Bihar State Food and Civil Supplies Corporation Limited’ sponsored by the government of Bihar.
- Select “RCMS” on the opened webpage.
- Next, a list of districts in the state shall be displayed on the webpage. Here, candidates can check their district names.
- Proceed ahead to select your ‘Tehsil’.
- The list of shopkeepers coming under the respective ‘Tehsil’ shall be displayed. Next, click on the name of the shopkeeper.
- Next, a list of ration card beneficiaries shall be displayed on the web page. Here, locate the name of your family head.
- Also, select the Ration Card (RC) number.
- The ration card list shall be displayed on the page.
Bihar Ration Card Eligibility
|BPL Ration Cards
|Annual family income less than INR 24,000, ‘Red Card Holders’.
|APL Ration Cards
|Annual family income less than INR 24,000, ‘Blue Card Holders’.
|AAY Ration Cards
|Families coming below ‘Poverty Line’.
|Annapurna Ration Card
|Aged Bihar Pensioners.
How to Apply for Bihar Ration Card
To apply for Bihar Ration Card, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Bihar Ration Card official website. Alternatively, citizens can also visit the Circle Office/S.D.O Office to obtain the Bihar Ration Card application form.
- Fill in all the requisite information in the application form.
- Along with the application forms, attach the suitable documents.
- Submit the application form to the office.
- Save the application number for future references.
Documents Required for Bihar Ration Card
Citizens have to submit the following documents when applying for a ration card:
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Address Proof
- Income Certificate
How to Download Bihar Ration Card
Follow these steps to download Bihar Ration Card:
- Visit the official website.
- Select “RCMS” from the list.
- Click on your district from the list displayed.
- The category-wise numbered list of ration cards shall be displayed. Select the urban/ rural option from this list.
- From the available set of options, select the ‘Block’ that you belong to.
- A list of Panchayat shall be displayed.
- Select your panchayat. Also, select your village.
- Select your Fair Price Shop.
- A list of ration cards shall be displayed under the ‘Fair Price Shop’ that you select.
- Click on the list of Ration Cards under the ‘Fair Price Shops’ indicated.
- Click on your relevant ration card number and check the card details.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it mandatory for citizens to have a ration card?
No. The Ration Card is not a compulsory document, and we can apply for it only if we wish to obtain a subsidy. Also, it serves as an important identity proof and helps us obtain food grains at subsidized rates.
2. Can Bihar issued ration card be used in any other state of India?
The PDS (Public Distribution System) has currently issued provisions that Bihar Ration Cards can be utilized in any part of the state.
3. In what duration do we obtain a new ration card?
After successfully submitting our application along with relevant documents, they will undergo verification. After verification is done, ration cards would be issued within 15 days.
Ration Card Related Articles