Atul Maheshwari Scholarship, a deemed scholarship initiative by the Amar Ujala Foundation. Isn’t it thought provoking for all of us to think that scholarships are provided at various strata of education, but none is meant exclusively for government school children? Here’s one such merit-cum-means scholarship exclusively for the benefit and privilege of the government school studying children.
Students studying at government schools are already given an education at lower fees and supportive academic rates. Around 36 students shall be selected for this scholarship, and a lucrative and beneficial annual grant of INR 50,000 is awarded to each of such selected candidates.
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship 2024
|Amar Ujala Foundation
|Atul Maheshwari Scholarship
|9th To 12th Students
|Last Date of Application
|October 31, 2024 (Tentative)
|INR 50,000 Maximum
Important Note: The Atul Maheshwari scholarship is formally announced during the months of July – August. If candidates intend to apply for this scholarship, then they have to set themselves watching between the months of July – August.
Eligibility Criteria for Atul Maheshwari Scholarship
In this section of our article, we explain the various eligibility criteria for the candidates to fulfil. It could be academic credentials, family income of candidates, or the caste to which they belong to. On the whole, only those candidates who seem to clear these conditions shall go-ahead to apply for this scholarship. Else, they shouldn’t worry about applying for them. Candidates must and should be studying in government institutions only.
- Candidates must be studying in classes between 9th to 12th to be eligible to apply.
- The minimum eligible score in the previous exam passed must be 60% or more.
- Candidates who have scored less than 60% in the previous exam they have attempted should strictly not apply.
- Annual income of candidates’ family to be less than 1.5 lakhs.
How to Apply for Atul Maheshwari Scholarship 2024?
Amar Ujala Foundation is the leading provider for Atul Maheshwari scholarship. They decide on all matters related to this scholarship. The application process is defined as ONLINE. Candidates are expected to read through all the important information related to this scholarship and understand them before applying. Also, go through the eligibility criteria and only if you satisfy them, should you proceed further. The detailed step-wise application process is provided in an easy-to-understand manner below:
- Go to the official portal of the Amar Ujala Foundation. Read all the details and instructions provided for the scholarship.
- As a new user, you first need to get access to the website. Hence perform the new user registration formalities.
- For registration purposes, a candidate needs to enter his name, e-mail id, and his chosen password. Make sure all entries are correct.
- The candidate immediately gets a confirmation link to the e-mail id he just provided. Check your mail and revert back, thereby validating your registration.
- Now sign in with your credentials. Fill in all the details in your application form without giving room for errors.
- Upload all necessary documents along with the application form.
- Finally, check all entries and submit your form.
List of Documents Required
Candidates need to keep their documents ready while filling up the application form. Also, candidates should ensure scanned documents are in the right format and size before uploading them. No fake documents shall be entertained. All documents should be real and verifiable.
- Recent passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Mark sheet of the last exam passed by the candidate.
- Bonafide letter from the educational institution where he is currently studying.
- Income certificate of parents.
- ID proof of the candidate.
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate (if applicable).
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
The main intentions behind providing the Atul Maheshwari scholarship is to assist students in completing the basic level of education without any financial hindrance. The Amar Ujala foundation selects a total of 36 students to receive the merit cum means scholarship. The breakdown of the financial award presented to the students is given below:
|Candidates studying in classes 9th and 10th
|Candidates studying in classes 11th and 12th
|Blind candidates studying in classes 10th and 12th
|[ Awarded to 2 students only]
Blind candidate in the 10th standard gets INR 30,000.
Blind candidate in the 12th standard gets INR 50,000.
Terms and Conditions
Apart from the basic eligibility criteria that the candidates need to be aware of, there are certain terms and conditions as well. These terms explain the scholarship profile in much more detail, and all candidates should read this section without fail.
- For blind students, candidates need to apply in the 9th standard to avail scholarship for the 10th standard. Likewise, they must be enrolled in the 11th standard to be able to apply for their 12th standard.
- Blind candidates can take the help of scribes or assistants to write the exam on their behalf.
- Contact details of candidates should be given without any errors. One e-mail id and mobile number per application should be sufficient; more of the same isn’t required.
- All scanned files of documents to be uploaded within 1MB size only. Large size files can’t be uploaded.
- Candidates shall receive admit cards to their respective e-mail IDs to attempt the written exam.
- Arriving at the venue without admit cards are not acceptable, and such candidates shall not be allowed to take up the exam as well.
- The exam shall be conducted in a total of 57 centers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the documents that could be presented for ID proof of the candidate?
Answer: Aadhaar card of the candidate or the Ration card issued by the government to his family or his school ID card can be presented as ID proof.
2. How many rewards are offered under the Atul Maheshwari scholarship scheme?
Answer: The Amar Ujala Foundation awards a total of 36 scholarships. 18 scholarships to class 10th students, 18 scholarships to class 12th students. In this, one scholarship, each from 10th and 12th [total 2 scholarships] are reserved for a blind candidate.
3. What is the process of selection of candidates?
Answer: Candidates are first screened based on their applications. Based on the order of merit, income criteria, and other similar conditions, applicants are selected in the first round. In the second round, a written test shall be conducted. Successful candidates in the written round shall be called in for an interview round. After the final round of the interview, the final list of selected candidates shall be prepared.
3. How is the renewal of scholarship done, explain?
Answer: The reward amount is a one-time grant for the selected candidate for his current year of education. No renewal of scholarship whatsoever.
4. When is the written exam for this scholarship conducted generally?
Answer: A written exam is usually conducted in the months of October – November.
Helpline Number: 0120 – 4694138, 4694250
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Amar Ujala Foundation, C-21/22, Sector-59, Noida, UP – 201 301