Under the National Food Security Act, 2013, the Assam state government and the Public Distribution System (PDS) provide ration cards to economically weaker families of the state. A ration card is a very important document through which low-income families, as listed by the PDS database or people from the below poverty line categories, can procure food grains at subsidized prices. Under the NFSA Scheme in Assam, ration cards are now issued to the deserving citizens in the state.
How to Check Assam Ration Card List 2022
The Assam Ration Card List 2022 can be checked in the online mode. Here are the simple steps to be followed:
- Go to the official website of the Assam PDS Portal.
- Choose the name of your district.
- Then you would be redirected to the Tehsil Name Page. Select your Tehsil accordingly.
- After clicking on the Tehsil name, you will find a list of village names.
- After selecting a suitable village name, the list of all Assam Ration cards 2022 will appear on the screen.
Assam Ration Card Eligibility
The table below provides correct information about Assam Rashan card eligibility conditions:
|AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana)
|Families whose annual income is less than Rs. 1 lakh. These families can avail 35 kg per ration card.
|PHH (Priority Household)
|Families whose annual income is below Rs. 1 lakh can avail of PHH Ration cards. With this card, they can procure 5 kg per family.
How to Apply for Assam Ration Card
All applicants have to personally visit the Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs branch office to apply for a new ration card. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the official website of PDS: PDS Portal.
- Next, click on the icon titled ‘PDS Stake Holders’ and then choose “In States”.
- After choosing “District Food and Supply Officer”, then click on “FPS Dealers”.
- Click on the ‘State’ icon.
- Now you will be redirected to a new window. Here applicants need to choose their Block/ Tehsil.
- Next, click on ‘View Report’.
- On every district page, applicants can search for ‘Department’ and also find out the contact details.
- Then the applicant can personally go to the office and collect his application form.
- Fill in all the details in the application form correctly without errors.
- While submitting your application, do not forget to make all suitable document attachments.
- Next, the concerned authority will verify your application and documents. The applicant is also issued an application receipt number.
- If there are no discrepancies in the submitted application form, the ration card shall be dispatched to the applicant’s registered address through the post within a few days.
Documents Required for Assam Ration Card
When applying for a ration card, the following documents need to be submitted along with the form:
- Voter Id copy as proof of name, as per voter list records.
- Birth certificates of all minor members in the family.
- Land Revenue Pay/ tax pay Receipt copy.
- Address proof – Bank Passbook/ Driving License/ Electricity Bill.
- Transfer Certificate from FCS & CA authority.
How to Change Address in Assam Ration Card
Applicants need to submit their original ration card and one of these documents to make changes in the address to their ration card.
- Voter identity card
- Any valid photo ID.
- Driving License
- Pan Card.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much time will it take to process my ration card?
After the application is verified along with the submitted documents by the concerned authorities, the ration card shall be processed and dispatched within 2-3 weeks.
2. What are the important details required on my ration card?
These primary details shall be printed on the ration card: Head of family information, immediate family member names, Respective member and their relationship with the head of the family, date of birth, address, and occupation.
3. Can the Assam Ration Card be used in any other state?
No. According to PDS stipulations, the Assam Ration Card cannot be used in any other state.
Ration Card Related Articles