The Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the state Civil Service Exam to recruit candidates for various services of Group A and Group B cadres of the state government posts of Arunachal Pradesh.
The various positions, like the administrative service, police service, and other higher positions of various state government departments, are filled through this exam. Candidates are encouraged to check out if they satisfy all the eligibility criteria and apply for the exam.
This article gives detailed information about the Arunachal Pradesh PSC 2024 notification, including exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application process, admit card, result, and more.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check Arunachal Pradesh PSC 2024 exam date on the official website.
Eligibility for Arunachal Pradesh PSC
All candidates who wish to apply for the Arunachal Pradesh Civil Service Exam should go through all eligibility conditions and see that they satisfy the minimum criteria.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Education Qualification: Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree from a university recognized by the government of India.
- Age Criteria: The age of the candidate must be between 21 – 35 years as on January 01, 2022.
- Age Relaxation: Below we have provided age relaxation for different categories
- SC/ST candidates – 5 years in upper age limit
- OBC candidates – 3 years in upper age limit.
- Physically disabled candidates – 10 years in upper age limit
- Widows – 10 years in upper age limit.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC 2024 Application Form
- Candidates need to submit the application in ONLINE mode only.
- Visit the official website of the commission – appsc.gov.in
- Click on the ‘One Time Registration’. [Before applying to any post, registration is mandatory]
- Please take care to fill up all the columns in the application form without leaving any entry vacant.
- Upload colour scanned photographs and supported documents
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- After the form is submitted, take a print copy of the submitted form.
- The application fee to be paid only in the ONLINE mode via net banking/debit card or credit card facilities.
- The fee for General category is INR 100.
- For SC/ST, candidates need not pay any fee for the exam.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Exam Pattern
The Arunachal Pradesh PSC 2024 shall be conducted in three successive stages: Prelims, Mains and Personality Test. Below, we have provided exam patterns in detail.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Prelims Exam is of Objective type.
- There will be 2 papers of two hours each.
- Paper-I is General Studies for 150 marks.
- Paper-II is the optional subject for 250 marks.
- The optional subject shall be chosen by the candidate while filling up his application form.
Mains Exam Pattern
- Only those candidates who have obtained qualifying marks in the prelims shall qualify for the mains round.
- This is a subjective type of paper.
- There will be 8 papers of the conventional essay/descriptive type.
- Paper-I is of General English carrying 200 marks.
- Paper-II is of Essay carrying 100 marks.
- Paper-III and IV are General Studies I and II, totally carrying 400 marks.
- Paper V and VI are dedicated to the first optional subject, for a combined total of 400 marks.
- Paper VII and VIII are dedicated to the second optional subject, again for a combined total of 400 marks.
Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the mains exam, they shall be shortlisted for the interview round. The interview round is carried out for 175 marks. There is no time limit, and the interview round shall be solely dependent on the interview panel members who will conduct the personality test.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Syllabus
Below we have provided the APPSC Arunachal Pradesh 2024 Syllabus in detail.
- Science and technology
- World and Indian geography
- Indian polity
- Indian economy
- Governance in Arunachal Pradesh
- Language and culture of Arunachal Pradesh
- Administration and Indian constitution
- Bureaucracy and governance in India
- Candidates are expected to have detailed knowledge of the literary facts and details of the 19th century.
- Focus on pre- 1900 era with special importance to be given to the famous English noted personalities of literature field in the era beginning from 1798 to 1900
- The literature wave that was overwhelming in the period, together with the socio-culture aspects of the time, needs to be researched and studied in detail.
- Candidates need to write one essay.
- Choice of subjects shall be provided.
- Essay would be written, keeping the central theme in mind.
- All points related to the essay need to be organized in a well presented manner.
Paper III and IV: General Studies
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Indian polity
- History of India
- Indian economy and polity
- Geography of India and Arunachal Pradesh in particular
- Statistical analysis of demographics
- Graphs and charts
- Indian constitution
- Science and technology
- Environmental studies, ecology, and biodiversity
Arunachal Pradesh PSC 2024 Admit Card
The admit card shall be available for download on the official website a few days before the actual commencement of the exam. Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam hall; failing to do so may cause them not to be allowed to sit for the examination.
Candidates should note that separate admit cards shall be issued for every exam round, which can be downloaded at the relevant time. Below, we have provided a step-by-step process to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website – appsc.gov.in
- Check for the latest notifications and locate the admit card link.
- IF the link is activated, then click on it.
- Enter the window that will ask you for your registration id and date of birth details.
- Enter any other information requested.
- Click on submit button.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Download/take a print copy of the admit card.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Cut Off
The cut-off marks are the minimum qualifying marks the candidate should score to go to the next exam round. The cut-off marks for the Arunachal Pradesh PSC 2024 will be displayed on the official website before the results are announced.
Some important aspects that influence the cut-off marks are the previous year’s cut-off marks, vacancies available post-wise, candidates and their categories.
How to Check Arunachal Pradesh PSC Result?
The APPSC Arunachal Pradesh publishes the merit list of candidates on the official website. Steps to check results:
- Visit the official website of the commission.
- In the right-hand section of the portal, search in the ‘What’s new’ section.
- If the link to the result has been active, then click on it.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth and any other details required.
- The results shall be displayed.
- Take a print copy of the same.
How to Prepare for Arunachal Pradesh PSC Exam?
- Understand the syllabus thoroughly. Do not ignore any part of the syllabus. Make good notes of the syllabus.
- Identify core topics and those that have repeatedly been asked in previous years’ question papers.
- Refrain from studying only a single topic in detail.
- Be reasonable in your approach and make sure to complete the syllabus on time
- Give importance to Arunachal Pradesh’s local data and facts.
- Study through the state government websites and make a note of important facts and figures.
- Make time for revision and also for attempting mock tests and self-assessment sessions.
Books for Arunachal Pradesh PSC Preparation
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge by Arihant series
- Mental Ability Test Series by Vijetha Publications
- Comprehensive English by S C Gupta
- General English by Ramphal Nain
- NCERT Textbooks